Internal arguments

(Chapter 19)
*Alyssa's POV*
       I sighed and doodled at the back of my french notebook.  Day 1 of school: Homework, Homework and Oh I know! Homework. "Alyssa Payton?
savez-vous la réponse?" Mrs. Fiona called and I came out of my daze. She asked me the answer and I didn't even know the question. What if it came in the test? What if I failed. "Oui?" Mrs Fiona prompted as I scratched my head. "Uh...I don't know" I replied to my shame. She shook her head in disappointment. "French?" She asked. "Um..Je ne sais pas." I muttered. Focus now! Slacking on first day and it'll show in your exams.  I scolded myself.
             ***
     I hungrily stuffed fries into my mouth, joblessly watching Sydney and Trystan flirt with each other. "I've got a Chem test next week already!" Adrian complained and slapped my hand away from his fries. "You do?" I asked and lightened up, Chemistry was one of my strong points. "Yeah, could you help me? I'm horrible at it." Adrian asked sincerely causing me to raise a brow. Adrian..Sincere? Ha! I'd believe my parents watch My Little Pony before I believed Adrian was sincere.
          "I don't know... I've got a lot of homework..Besides, you're a grade above me. Aren't there supposed to be harder stuff I won't know?" I reasoned. "Nah..It's probably going to be pretty easy for you . I need help with..Um..Basics.." Adrian said and scratched his forhead. Damn...That was cute. Do it again. My heart pleaded. Shut up! My brain yelled. Can we please study wih him? its so cute when he actually uses his brain to think. My heart begged. You need to focus on your studies. No point getting distracted with that player. My brain argued. "Sure tomorrow after school then?" My heart spoke for me causing my brain to groan in annoyance. "Ok" Adrian grinned and I quickly added "My place" recalling the bad incidents at his place. Then we went back to watching Trystan and Sydney's cringe worthy flirting.
                 ***
        I drove back home alone and immediately began to revise chemistry. Mixtures, Chromatography, Sublimation, Fractional Distillation what else? Jeez woman study french! you've got a project coming up. My brain scolded. No, no chemistry! We need to be prepared for Adrian tomorrow! My heart insisted. Shut up. I told them and went back to reading about isotopes.
But I guess that's what Adrian does to me right? Its not like I signed up for internal conflicts when I fell in love with him did I?

A/N
Love you for reading
Vote, for me please?
Compensation for not posting in so long.
Media as Cameron Dallas