Good Girl's Bad Past

(Chapter 13)
*Adrian's POV*
         Alyssa wore a grey sweater and black tights. I put on a plain white shirt, that was in my car. My teeth had already begun to chatter, but thankfully Alyssa didn't notice. "What about Trystan and Syd? They're not coming?" She asked and sat shotgun while I pulled out of the parking. "Nah, they went for a movie, I think. I got bored at home so.." I replied and we set off to the beach.

Lie: I didn't bother calling them. Wait what?

             **
      Despite the cold weather, the small amount of sand was warm. We sat on a large rock, overlooking the sea and we could had a idyllic view of the Golden Gate bridge. "So what was it with the posters and maps?" I asked Alyssa. Right after I said it, I regretted it, her body tensed and she wouldn't look at me. I felt slightly disapointed considering the fact that I let her in on my past. "Well, its-" Her voice broke and she broke down,sobbing into her palms.
           "Whoa, Alyssa? You don't need to tell me if it...." I didn't end my sentence she dried her eyes and leaned into me. I stopped myself from gasping. "Sorry, it's just tough. I've not spoke about it since she.." I awkwardly put an arm around her shoulder. "It's alright. Let it flow. You shouldn't bottle it up inside you, it will eat you from the inside. My past.. It did the same to me until, I spoke about it." I told her and she sniffled. "I..I used to have a...Sister. Her name was Venice." Alyssa choked out and tears poured down her cheeks again.
               "My parents named her after Venice, the place they went for their honeymoon. She was four years older than me and... She... When she was seventeen she..um.. She thought she wasn't slim enough. She began major dieting and she had....Anorexia" Alyssa said and wiped her nose and eyes. "She, um, skipped meals and kept telling me how she thought she was fat when she was beautiful. She had the most magnificent voice and she would sing me to sleep when I was younger and my parents were out. She would tell me jokes and laugh when I was afraid of the thunder and lightening during the storms. I knew she was skipping meals, but I...I didn't tell anyone... She begged me not to and I...Listened. Soon she began to get unusually thin and frail. She would faint and get tired easily. She couldn't stand the cold and she broke a bone easily when fell down on the carpet." Alyssa spoke and stared at the horizon. I gently stroked her hair and encouraged her to go on.
            "My parents were barely home, They didn't make a big deal about it till she got severely sick one day and we rushed her to the hospital. I remember them telling me to wait outside while they spoke to the doctor. Later they tried to give her food but she barely took a bite. They had to inject stuff in her but she was way to weak to take it. She stayed at the hospital and one day I went to visit her... She..She told me that once she was better she'd take me to Venice and we'd have fun together...But a month later she...She.. was.. Gone-" She shook her head and her eyes glistened with fresh tears. I patted her back and she lay her head on my chest.
           "My parents got more distant after that. I was alone at home most of the days and they yelled at me for the smallest of reasons. I couldn't handle it, I began to keep to myself and I overwhelmed myself in my studies. And I always wanted to go to Venice after that, It was just too hard on my parents. They cried in front of me when I asked and they wouldn't allow it. I guess it's never going to happen but...Hope. It's what I live on. Just one chance to go there and leave my grief behind. It would be amazing." She finished and looked up at me.
  I didn't know what to say. As the waves splashed on the rocks, sprinkling us with salty water I  realized how strong this girl was. No matter how bad the odds were she shook her head and kept pushing forward, Hope being her drug.

A/N
Hi!!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE
Yesss no more exams!!
Media as Vanessa Hudgens
Stay strong ^-^
~The Unicorn in the rain ☆