Viewing Venice > viewing Hugh Jackman

(Chapter 33)

*Adrian's POV*

I chugged the can of beer and then tossed it in the public trash. We had visited Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Square and had a scrumptious local lunch of fish. We came out of the museum and went back to the hotel to rest. "Hello, sir, ma'am. I have very good offer." A local man greeted at the hotel's entrance with a pure Italian accent. "Yeah, we're not interested" I answered and went ahead. Alyssa gripped my arm and pulled me back. "Stop being so rude, Adrian. We'd love to hear what you have to say, sir" She smiled warmly and I groaned in annoyance. Did she not know what happens when you show interest in an advertiser on the road? They stick to you like superglue and rant about all the benefits and list out all their products. 

"I am.. Boatman. I can give sir and ma'am very beautiful trip in evening. I is not asking high price. Tour of Venice's canal's on very comfortable gondola. It is very fun and beautiful you can see" He said, obviously he was terrible at English. "We'd love to!" Alyssa smiled excitedly and I tried not to roll my eyes. Really? I wanted to sit in the hotel and watch my favorite movie, Wolverine. "What's your name?" "Marco D'este." "Alright can we meet you here in the evening, Marco?" Alyssa asked. "Yes, I is very very happy." Marco smiled toothily. "What the hell?" I whispered harshly to Alyssa as we walked through the lobby. "What? Venice is known for the canals and gondolas, it'll be a gorgeous view, Adrian. Besides, we didn't have any plans for the evening" "You didn't but I had plans!" I retorted. "Plans without me?! I'd love to hear them" Alyssa scoffed and I opened the door to the room, hiding the victorious feeling of not failing to open it. "Well, um, I was going to watch Wolverine in Italian." I said. "Oh my god, that's a wonderful idea, I lied to my parents and we came all the way to Venice to watch Hugh Jackman dubbed in Italian!" Alyssa remarked sarcastically. "FINE! But don't blame me if it's boring" I complained but shrugged reluctantly.

I spent the rest of the afternoon channel surfing and scrolling through my phone while Alyssa opened her laptop and typed vigorously on the bed. "What're you doing?" I called. "I'm writing an essay and a review on what we did here. It's nothing fantastic, it's just like a travelling journal for Venice" She replied and I shook my head. Why was she killing time with such boring and useless ways? Look at me, I'm doing an amazing job killing time by watching local Venice news and reading Trystan's messages about crashing parties.

**

Once it was 6 and the sun was slipping out of view, I put on a button down shirt and jeans and sat waiting for Alyssa to get ready. "THAT MARCO DUDE PROBABLY GAVE UP WAITING FOR US BY NOW ALYSSA! ARE YOU PLANNING TO COME OUT WHILE WE'RE STILL IN THE 21ST CENTURY?!" I banged on the bathroom door. And she complains about me taking time. "Yes, yes" She opened the door. She stood in a strap and backless white dress with printed pink and purple flowers that stopped right above her knees. She had perfect winged eyeliner, light pink lipstick on and a light amount of eye shadow and blush. I had never seen her with make-up other than a simple amount of eyeliner on. I'd never think she would wear such flawless make-up, her being a nerd and all. "What?" She asked and consciously fiddled with the ends of her French braid. "Nothing, um, I just feel.. Under dressed." I said and bit my tongue. "Yeah right, stop mocking me" She rolled her eyes. "No, really, I'm serious. You look so.. Beautiful." "Thanks, you look.. Great too." She put on nude colored ankle wrap high heels and then we left.

"Come, come. Gondola is here!" Marcus lead us at least eight yards and found a pretty and simple gondola docked with faded paintings on it. "I really don't get how Sydney walks in these" Alyssa huffed, glaring at her heels as she leaned on me for support. I smirked. We sat in the gondola and Marcus stood behind us and began to row slowly. "See, it's stunning" Alyssa told me and I shrugged though I had to agree. The sun had gone down and the lights in all the houses and stores had come on, matching the dazzling stars in the night sky. The gondola glided over the water smoothly. Alyssa leaned over and touched the water. "Isn't it fabulous?" She breathed and smiled brightly at all the passing houses and stores. "You're fabulous" I whispered. "Huh?" She asked, looking back at me. "Nothing."

"This is the bridge of sighs!" Marcus narrated as we went under a bridge. I clicked a photo. "Definitely going on my story" I muttered. Alyssa and I stared mesmerized at everything and we finally sailed in the open in the Grand Canal. "Wow, feel the water, Adrian it feels so chilly and cool" "Nuh uh, you do know we're on sewers right?" I refused. "Aw, come on!" She grabbed my hand and leaned over, gently touching it through the water. I shivered as she drew our hands back but didn't let go and neither did I.

When we came back to the place near the hotel, I paid Marcus and then we got off the gondola, our hands still joint. "Thank you so much!" Alyssa smiled to Marcus who waved and took the gondola away. We began to walk back, hand in hand. After a minute Alyssa stopped and leaned into me. "Okay, I give up on these shoes." She puffed. "Okay then!" I said and lifted her up and carried her in my arms bridal style. "What! No way, put me down Skyler!" "C'mon we'll take years to get back if you walk!" I reasoned as she smoothed her dress, still clinging on to me as if I would drop her. "Fine!" She sighed and I carried her to the hotel and didn't set her down till we came to the lift. "I'd say thanks but I'm guessing you had fun tormenting me!" She grumbled and flattened her skirt down. "Yeah sure, Cinnamon," I replied sarcastically. We ate a quick dinner of spaghetti and meatballs in the hotel restaurant and then crashed on the bed together, both of us too exhausted to remember whose turn it was to sleep on it. And so we spent our last night in Venice, cuddling under the sheets as sleep over whelmed us.

A/N

YASSSS, their trip is almost over, I hope you had as much fun as them.

By now you know the drill: Vote, Comment and Share.

Love you guys so so so much.

Thanks for all the reads you guys are amazing.

Media as Cameron Dallas

XOXO The Unicorn In The Rain.