Chapter Thirty-One

Nick, Blake, and Vincent rushed over to the white room and had to push hard on the door; the body of the Koschie was blocking it. They walked into the room and found the floor covered in bodies, there was blood everywhere, and multiple tiles were cracked.

Nick spotted Trubel sitting with her back up against the wall. She was holding her side and breathing shallowly. Her eyes were shut.

"Trubel!" Nick yelled and ran to her. Vincent and Blake followed.

Trubel opened her eyes to the group of people around her.

"Hey, guys," she said. "How'd it go?"

"We won," Blake said.

"Did HW come?" Trubel asked.

"Yeah," Blake said. "Just in time, too. I thought we were going to lose."

"Wait, you guys did that?" Nick asked, looking back and forth between Blake and Trubel.

"It was Trubel's idea," Blake said. "And we couldn't have organized everything if it weren't for Monroe and Rosalee."

"That's what you were doing?" Nick asked Trubel.

Trubel grinned at him. "Uh-huh," she panted.

Nick sighed with relief but was brought back down to reality when Trubel spoke up. "Did you kill the doctor?" she asked.

"She's dead," Blake answered.

Trubel nodded and tried to stand.

"Woah, wait a minute," Blake said. He looked like he was going to push Trubel's shoulders down to make her sit.

"No, it's okay," Vincent said, helping Trubel up.

"Can you walk?" Nick asked her.

As if it were on cue, Trubel winced and almost fell. Vincent caught her but did so by grabbing her arm and around her chest - both of which had broken bones.Trubel used her good arm to grab Vincent's shoulder and pull herself up slightly so Vincent wouldn't be putting as much pressure on her broken bones.

"I'm sorry," Vincent said, leaning Trubel against the wall, so she could stand on her one good leg.

"'S okay," she said, panting. The pain mixed with her head trauma made her feel dizzy when she stood.

"Where are you hurt?" Vincent asked. He backed away from her, worried that any touch would hurt her.

"I, uh..." Trubel tried to explain. "I," Trubel began again. She wanted to tell them that she was feeling dizzy. She pushed herself off of the wall with her good arm and collapsed.

Nick caught her carefully. He wrapped his arm around her good side and let her use her good arm to hold onto him. He pulled her close.

"I think you need to take me to the hospital," Trubel gasped into his ear.

Nick looked at Blake and Vincent with wide eyes.

"We'll take care of everything here. We'll meet you at the there," Blake said.

Nick nodded.

"Wait, I'll help," Vincent said. He scooped up Trubel carefully. He had practice carrying her when she was hurt from when Bonaparte's friends had tortured her for two weeks. He knew how to walk with her and make it as painless as possible.

"I'll be right back, Blake," Vincent assured.

Blake nodded and jogged out the door.

Vincent and Nick took Trubel to the garage.