Chapter Twenty-Five

"You told them?!" she asked furiously.

"I was just trying to help them understand everything that-" Blake explained.

"Shut up! You know you weren't supposed to talk about that!" she shouted.

"I'm sorry! You never told me-"

"I shouldn't have to tell you!" she said, grabbing Blake and slamming him against a wall.

"Trubel, stop!" Hank yelled.

"Don't get in my way, Hank!" she growled at him. Hank, Wu, and Monroe and Rosalee all took an involuntary step backward.

Trubel wrapped her hands around Blake's shirt collar. "I shouldn't have to tell you that what Bonaparte did to me shouldn't be repeated. It doesn't matter, so no one needs to know about it!"

"It does matter," Blake said. Trubel wrapped her hands around his throat. "Just... wanted... to help," he said trying to pry Trubel's hands off. 

Blake was suffocating under her grip.

"Trubel," Rosalee said, trying to get her attention. Trubel didn't notice.

"Well, you didn't help! Do you think it helps me when you tell everyone about the hell I went through? Or when you make me out as some weak, kicked puppy? I am ashamed of all of it, so shut your damn mouth before I break your freaking jaw you son of a-"

"Trubel," Monroe said. Again, Trubel didn't respond to her name.

Hank couldn't keep watching this.

"Trubel-" Hank began. He tried to pull Trubel off of Blake. She slammed Blake against the wall again before grabbing Hank's arm and throwing him. Hank landed on the ground on his back. He had hit the ground hard and groaned while Trubel lost more control over herself.

"Everyone just leave me the hell alone!" she yelled angrily. She looked over at Hank who was on the floor, warily watching her like she was a monster..

She had done it again. She felt horrible.

Wu ran over to Hank and helped him up. Monroe was standing protectively in front of Rosalee. Blake was panting in the corner, holding his throat.

"Please," she begged, sounding helpless. "I don't want to hurt anyone."

Rosalee bravely stepped out from behind Monroe. She started walking slowly towards Trubel. Trubel put her hands out and started backing away from her. "Don't," Trubel warned.

Rosalee didn't listen, she just walked up to Trubel and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry," Trubel said, choked up. "I didn't mean to-"

"I know," Rosalee said.

"I'm trying to be better, but I keep taking steps backward. It sucks having to admit that Bonaparte made me into a monster. It makes me feel weak. I'm really sorry," Trubel said.

"No one thinks you're weak," Blake said, laughing in the corner, holding his neck.

Group hug formed around the despairing Grimm, and Blake joined in. Rosalee was right. Everyone was going to help Trubel remember who she was.

When the group disconnected, they all had to agree on a story.

"We can't stay here forever. Eventually, we have to go back," Blake said.

"Then, we tell Bonaparte that we couldn't find you," Trubel said looking at Monroe and Rosalee.