.:Chapter 33:.

Soul pov:

I held [Name] in my arms, eyes bawling over the body in front of me. Was it my fault this happened?

Maka walks up to me, putting a cold hand on my shoulder. It was very cold...

"Come on... we have destroy the Asura..." I winced. Killing Asura? Why this now...

I lifted [Name] closer to me chest, feeling the dying warmth that was emptying out. No, not yet... I want to smile and laugh with you more... Complain and argue... Anything...

"Maka," I said, still giving a half dead [Name] more attention than my partner, "I-I—" How uncool...

"I know..." she mumbles a little hurt now, "you can have some time to hide [Name] away. But we will have to battle soon or it'll destroy us all..." Thank you Maka.

I picked up my speed as I ran down the stairs, keeping her safe as possible. Even knowing that this building collapsed, there was more of a chance for another building to catch in the recoil of our fight. I managed to sneak in glances of the girl. Her breathing to her lips to her neck to her fingers. I looped mines with hers.

There laid multiple rooms with different purposes. That's when I heard a abnormally large crash. Coming for the last room down the hallway. The infirmary. I quickly went down, and opened the door.

There laid Lord Death. He was collapsed under a few small rubbles of his own building, his own creation. I went up to him. I revising over his features before determinating that he'll be fine soon.

I with to one of the undamaged beds and laid [Name] on it. I had no idea what to do in this situation now. She was stabbed, yet I didn't know what to do now...

"Soul," I could hear Lord Death right beside me. "I'll treat her, you should stay with Maka until—"

"No, sir I can't," I pleaded. I felt extremely emotional right now about the girl I love. You can't just... even if it's the right thing. "I want to help her, please sir."

It was a short silence before he made up his mind. "Alright, then please help me than." I smiled a little, in relief. "Okay."

"In the cover beside you should be the first aid kit, bring it to me." I opened the cover and saw a white box with a red plus sign. I head over to him and gave him the box.

"Could you get a few towels and bucket of cold water?" I was gone in a flash and back. I arrived quickly and dipped one of the three towels with water and watched.

I saw him fiddle with the equipment, like him's looking for the right one out of the bunch. It was a few sheet of beige coloured thin packages. They were named "Chest seals".

He unwrapped it and lifted her shirt enough to see the wound. She really did have nice skin... but there was a lot of blood. I gave him the towel as he gently wiped most of the blood off and I gave him a dry one to wiped off the remaining before he applied the chest seal on the wound.

He gave it a few seconds before asking me a question. "Does she look any different than without the chest seal?"

I was surprised before examining her features while hearing him gave some examples where. Breathing. Her veins on her neck colour of her lips and fingers.

"Nothing changed." I reported, question why he didn't inspect it himself.

"Good," I could hear a hit of cheerfulness in his voice, "Okay my next mission for you is..." I could pretty much guess. I smiled brightly to knowing she was fine now.

"Beat Asura."