I heard a familiar voice in his room, I opened it a little and I saw both of them having a pillow fight talking and laughing. I felt something like a prick in my heart. Maybe I was jealous, but why would Hayat even like me? Aahil was her age and young, while I am three years elder to her. She is only twenty one and I am twenty five. But, I am happy if Aahil likes her because she is a good girl. I went downstairs and for a while I was on the table with my laptop doing my work and Hayat came and sat down in front of my chair. I looked at her and she told, ''I am bored, can I talk to you?'' I laughed at her and nodded. She started to talk, yeah I was listening but trust me she talks a lot.

It has been an hour and she did not even breathe for a second, Wallahi! She is a 'Blaberring Machine'. I could not work because the 'Blabbering Machine' was here.

I looked at her,"Hayat" I called her but she continued. "So, you know, Shumayll bhai knew I hate insects but he still did it".

"Hayat!" I called her name again but Arghhh! she still continued. "And abba shouted at him and then ...".

Trust me I could not work, I got a little annoyed, she could not stop talking and I screamed on top of my voice " Hayat Yazdan Zaeef!

"Uhh! What?" She asked, making a puppy face, and I asked her a little frustrated "Why do you talk so much?"

She stared at me and said "I don't know".

I glared at her and said: "Fine, but let me work in peace, I have a lot to do apart from blabbering".

She looked right into my eyes, then looked down and went towards the sofa playing with the cushions. I started to do my work and thought for a while maybe I was rude, so after I completed my work I went to her to apologize for being rude. " Mm Hayat, may be I....". I didn't even complete & the maid came in asking "Orange juice?" and both of us nodded.

"Sugar??" asked the maid & I nodded and the maid put some sugar in my glass.

"Sugar? " she asked Hayat

"No! I am sweet enough, I don't need sugar" said Hayat.

I laughed at her and she smirked. "So why are you here?" I asked her, just to remind her that she has not come here for a holiday! She looked at me and then looked down, "Maybe for a holiday" saying this she winked at me and started to walk off.

"Okay, be ready in an hour, I will come to pick you up, we may go to a mall or something like that and I was sorry for being a little rude earlier but I am not a 'Blabbering Machine", saying this I winked and she smiled.

"Okay so pinky-promise?" She told me while putting her little finger up halfway down.

"Mmm what's that?" I asked her.

"Ehh! I actually don't know but for me it's a cute promise and pakka promise!" she giggled and I laughed. I went and prayed Zuhur.

** Hayat's POV **

I went to my room, did my wudhu & prayed Zuhr. I sat down and made some daily Dua's:

Ya Allah grant me Jannat-ul- Firdous and to those I love;

Ya Allah grant me to the straight path;

Ya Allah do not let my past ever come again;

Ya Allah keep my family happy;

Ya Allah do not get my heart attached to something that's not mine;

Ya Allah please guide me and I have no idea what my emotions mean towards Kayan Malik!

Guide me as you are the most beneficent and peoples' guiders; and

Forgive me for my sins and you are the most merciful, Ameen.

I ended the dua and got up to get ready for the evening, Yippee! I removed a T-shirt of, wait, don't judge me okay when I say a T-shirt of 'Superman'! It was quite long. Well had to be it was my brother's, don't judge and I wore a black shrug as it was half sleeves & I wore a black jeans. I applied a thin layer of liner. Well I usually do not apply makeup and I wear abaya but I was going out for the first time in San Francisco and I had to take selfies too. Frankly, I wear Hijab all the time but not my Abaya, I am not a perfect Muslimah but I wish to be. I quickly dropped a message on the 'Zaeef Fam' group saying I'm going out and will call tomorrow.

I went down and I saw only Kayan standing, he was staring at me like he has not seen me since ages, awkward isn't it? He stared at me for a good 5 minutes and smiled like an idiot. What a walnut he is!

I cleared my throat & told him "Stop staring it's rude!" and he looked down in embarrassment.

We went outside the house, he told aunty he was not coming as she had gone to one of her friend's house and Aahil had gone football. Now I was alone with this walnut. No, not that I don't like him but he is a walnut.

____________________________________________________

How is the story up till now?