Chapter 25

Prem

"Hey, it's done." I told Preeti as she entered my room. She is home preparing lunch. Today, as it is a weekend, Aman didn't have his class, so they just came over with an excuse of spending time outside. Well, they didn't lie technically, as they are outside their house and here at ours. I just called Anand to come over and Aman is already here with us.

"Great. Lunch is also almost done. I'll just check on Ammu. He's still in Kiran's room. I mean seriously there's so lot of toys, it's like a playroom," she chided as always making me smile. But before she can leave, I tugged her to sit on my lap while I'm at my desk working on something.

"Check on him later. First tell me something?" she raised her head in questioning nod "That day when we went for our family dinner..." I waited for her to remember and continued after she gave a nod, "Anand was sad when I didn't get to introduce you both properly. But you said something and he smiled. What was it?" I asked as I remembered it again on the thought of Anand coming over. I so wanted to know earlier, but it slipped my mind in all the work.

"Well I said something which I did just to make him feel better at the time, but now I know I did the right thing," she smiled circling my neck with her arms. I already feel married when we share such sweet moments.

"Yeah but what was it?" I asked again.

"What if I don't tell you?" she teased.

"Well I know how to get things out of you" I said as I pulled her closer by waist and began to draw teasing circles there. I know she couldn't think straight when I'm this close.

"Umm" she bit her lips closing her eyes.

"Tell me Preeti," I said huskily in her ears and she shivered.

"I-I said" she began to give in so I reduced my teasing and slowed down my hands. She sighed.

"So tell me," I said after she relaxed.

"I told him he is the first one to call me Bhabhi and therefore I'll always consider him my first in-law," she said and I felt like I can't love her more. But I know it's not the limit. I'll love her more and more with every passing moment of our lives and thereafter too.

"I love you," I told her and she smiled hugging me before she left to check on Aman. She still didn't confess but I know she loves me. It's just she is too shy to confess directly.

Sometimes, I can't believe she the same girl who is incredibly bold and confident when she is fulfilling her roles as Student President at SSL's or an activist, when she becomes all shy and soft in front of me and our families.

***

"So Bhabhi, what will you call me now?" Anand asked Preeti while we eat.

"Huh! What do you mean what would she call you?" I asked.

"Areee," he said dramatically stretching the expression, "she call Aman as Ammu, and you call Kiran as Bitto; so I also need a name" he said like a kid and I chuckled looking at Preeti who have such a warm eyes on for Anand that I feel my chest broaden every second to have her.

"Well..." Preeti said while thinking, "How about I'll call you Devarji (younger brother-in-law)?" she asked and we all looked at Anand.

"Devar! But I'm older than you." he mused.

"I know but you don't act like one for one. And then, Kiran told me how you always treat her brother as an elder brother so..." she explained. Now, I was amused to learn this thing. I never knew Anand thought of me like this.

I looked at Anand raising an eyebrow only to find him avoiding my eyes as some deer caught in the headlight.

"Anand!" I said and he froze.

I understood he is feeling conscious so I looked at Preeti for help.

"Okay so Devarji, we are planning to tell Kiran about us this winter break. What do you say?" she changed the topic and he relaxed. I shared a thankful look with Preeti. It's miraculous that in just a few months we have learnt so much about each other that we can communicate without words.

"Bhabhi, it's a good idea. I also think it's time you both should come out with your relationship. I don't like when people chatter rubbish behind backs and I won't like if it'll happen with you," he said making Preeti smile. She held out her hand to hold his.

"Well we have such a great brother protecting us, how someone can dare do that?" she asked warmly and he smiled.

Our lunch went eventfully from thereon as Aman butted in saying we are boring him. Therefore, we began cracking jokes, and Anand and Aman are like best buddies now. They both just made our day.

I can't wait of the day I can claim her as mine before the whole world. Just a few more days and then along with Bitto, I'll tell her parents and all others too.

***