Chapter 19

Prem

After Anand was done enquiring about my relationship with Preeti. We just sat talking casually. I told him everything from my admiration of hers on our first meeting to how I realised how deep my feelings ran to how I started stalking her a little to asking her out. What I didn't tell was about the kidnap. Of course, I couldn't. Preeti said it should be between us only; she said she didn't want anyone to think adversely about me. I fell for her even more after that. Therefore, I told him that I asked her out, she agreed, and then we talked on phone for a while before she called me to come over today. He was smirking and teasing all the time and I felt like strangling him. He is such an idiot that he made our relationship sound like some college fling.

"Ooohhh so she's already visiting you at home huh?" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Anand, mind your tongue." I snapped angrily "I'm seriously considering marrying her and I won't tolerate such a language for her."

"Chill chill" he said trying to calm me "I was just kidding yarrr. You know me! Okay I won't joke about Bhabhi now. I promise." he said and I relaxed. He may be a flirt and like to fool around, but he never backs out on his words.

"Okay, now another thing." I said and he rose his eyebrows in question "Bitto wants to have dinner with us," I said and he perked up. "With me and Preeti" his face fell as I said this; "But I'm planning to surprise her with you" I said and he slowly looked up again as if trying to check whether I'm pitying him or something; but obvious I'm not.

"Don't look at me like that. She loves you a lot but it's just that she isn't as habitual of you as she is to me." I told him. "She never fails to ask me about you and your well-being whenever we meet or talk. Also you'll get a chance to meet Preeti and her brother who is just what Bitto is to us, to her." I said and he smiled, finally.

"Okay, now two things. Aman, Preeti's brother knows about us and Bitto can't know about us. Not yet." I said and he gave me a confused look, "You just have to keep your mouth shut and don't say anything to which Aman can reply and hint towards us. Also mind your manners around Preeti." he frowned "Don't frown. She knows about you, therefore won't mind your cheerful behaviour; but she is an activist, especially working for women. I can't say how she'll react to your flirting and all." I told him.

"So you want me to change?" he raised an eyebrow making me roll my eyes.

"Of course not buddy. I can never even think that. It's just that she is meeting you for the first time. I just don't want her to not like you." I explained.

"Don't worry man. I won't give Bhabhi a single chance to 'not like' me. And moreover I'm a charmer." he said smiling cheekily.

I just shook my head at his behaviour and we chatted casually for a while before leaving to pick Bitto up. She met us outside her Hostel and as expected squealed happily on seeing Anand. She jumped on him to hug him even before me and this made him very happy. We got in the car and she started to guide us towards Preeti's house. Anand and I shared a look. 'We can't tell her', 'I know' the way. *eye roll*

We reached and for the first time I'm in front of her house without any need to hide or stop at some distance. Bitto climbed down and so did we. Bitto rang the doorbell. Preeti's mother opened the door. She smiled and we greeted her. She invited us in and said Preeti is getting Aman ready and may take a few minutes. Bitto asked for permission to go to them as we took our seats in the cosy little living room, and went away. Preeti's mother also went away towards which I assume to be a kitchen. Anand felt uncomfortable, as he doesn't like to meet anyone's parents. He doesn't feel comfortable as he lost them twice, once when his died and second when ours did. Therefore, as soon as Preeti's mother left after serving us water, I let him off the hook. He almost dashed out. Just then, Preeti's mother came back followed by her father. He took a seat across me and I greeted him.