Chapter 40

Prem

The next morning I woke up to Aman crawling into our bed to sleep besides his sister. I smiled seeing that he was almost sleepwalking and have reached his DeeMa purely on instinct. Since the day was already breaking out and I didn't have the heart to disturb my angle who was sleeping peacefully, I readjusted Aman so they both can continue to sleep comfortably and got up to start with my day.

I took a quick shower and started with cleaning the house. Since the rooms were all in use, there wasn't much to clean and thus, I was soon getting started on breakfast. I decided to make some healthy yet tasty breakfast so the kids as well as the elders would like it. I decided to make some South Indian breakfast consisting of Vegetable Upma and Idli with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney. Preeti came in just when I was transferring Upma and Idli to serving containers.

"Good Morning, why didn't you wake me up? We should have done this together." She said complaining to which I gave her a smile.

"Well, there's still plenty left to do so, you can still help. Moreover, I'd rather you prepare me your special coffee since, that's something I cannot achieve." I told her taking her in my embrace to which she kept her hands on my chest giving me a soft smile.

"Let me take care of the rest, you go check if Kiran and Devarji are up since Jiji and Ammu are already up and getting ready for the day." She informed and thus, giving her a soft peck on forehead, I headed to check on my siblings. I knew she would not let me continue with the cooking now that she is here; and anyways, I can go back to help her with the cleaning afterwards.

I move towards Anand's room first, as I know he would like to accompany me to wake Bitto, however, I don't find him there. Realising that he might already be up and with Bitto, I move ahead to her. I find him in her room all right; however, he is not waking Bitto up, instead, he is staring at her sleeping as we used to do when she was a little girl and watching her sleep peacefully was the best pleasure for us.

"What are you looking at?" I ask softly so as not to disturb Bitto.

"She is still such a baby. She slept with her doors unlocked." He replies.

"That's because she is at home. Stop with your worries dude, Preeti assured me that she was very well aware of her surroundings and safety while staying at the hostel. She has the habit of locking her doors as well. It might just be the comfort of home that made her relaxed." I assure her and just then, we see Bitto stirring, waking up from her slumber. She lazily opened her eyes, purred, and stretched like a cat, just as babies do. It has been so long since I got to witness my baby acting like the baby she is.

"Good Morning Bitto/Princess" we greet her to which she gives us a warm smile and raise her arms as if asking us to pick her up as she did as a child.

"What are you raising your hands for?" Anand asks her teasing, "Don't you think you're a little too big for us to carry you now."

This makes Bitto pout and gives us her puppy eyes while shaking her stretched out arms. We look at each other smiling and then with a shake of our heads, we move together to lift her. We both lift her together in a princess carry and swing her a bit before letting her stand down on her feet. She laughs through the whole thing making us smile as well.

"All right, now get ready fast, breakfast is almost done and your Bhabhi is making her special coffee for everyone" I tell them which makes Bitto run towards bathroom to get ready and Anand joins me as I go back to help Preeti in the Kitchen.

***

The breakfast was such a fun affair with everyone present. Although when it was time for everyone to head back, Ammu was not at all comfortable. What made me more anxious was that it was very much expected for Preeti as well as Papa. I told Maa-Papa that I would drop Aman home along with Preeti in the evening just as we have discussed. Then Maa-Papa, along with Anand and Ms. Chaudhary left. Anand will drop them off on his way to the Banquet Hall.