Chapter 33

Preeti

Even with the clear plan at hand, it took us few weeks to be able to shift Mrs. Sinha to Banquet Hall. It was confirmed that she indeed is pregnant from the deeds she suffered in the hands of her vile husband. However, it doesn't matter, it wasn't her fault and it is not this baby's mistake to have such a man in their lives. I will support her and even if she doesn't want the kid, I'll help her with giving it into adoption. I might even take it in myself.

Anyways, we moved Mrs. Sinha today in the morning since Devarji had his guests coming in the same time. Only a few most trusted employees were informed of her presence and were told not to let her presence be known to anyone in order to prevent any harm to her. Devarji moved in to take care of her but none of us did so to be on the safe side until the culprit is caught. We have to take precautions so we aren't cornered by him and therefore the foremost step was to make sure our kids were out of dangers way. Therefore, with Mother Stacy's consent, we got our final term examination taken in advance and then the kids along with my parents were transferred stay with Devarji and Mrs. Sinha. It wasn't hard to convince my parents as they are used to me getting caught in such situations ever since I started working with the NGOs. We just had to inform Kiran, which proved to be the most difficult task since it was her first time experiencing something so wrecking. Her brother really did hide her from all the darkness, allowing only the brightness of life to remain in her life. Nevertheless, I'm proud of the way she handled herself and managed to get my family on board without them getting suspicious.

Now it's just me on the front with the Police searching for that man and trying to get justice for Mrs. Sinha, while He backs me up without being on the frontlines. I hope we are able to catch him soon.

***

Prem

Tomorrow is the event. This means we are running low on time scale as the culprit is still out of the radar. Thankfully, there is no loose end regarding the location of our families and Mrs. Sinha. The event that Anand is planning tomorrow is a big one. It includes merger of two big business families through their next generation, and as is well known, such arranged marriages in business world creates a huge motion. The event is under media coverage continuously for the last week. This gave us perfect cover for security. Anand managed to get the doctors in and out without any question, as no one was interested on people at the venue as much as they were about the venue. Since, the insides of the venue were not open for the media; we had no risks of being discovered. Only Anand and his staff were the ones making any trips outside and in front of media. All the necessary people were kept inside and away from any cameras. However, tomorrow it is not going to be the case. Therefore, we have decided to lure the target rather than wait. We can't avoid the media tomorrow as any guests or staff not being in the event can cause suspicion. Moreover, this is one of the landmark events in Anand's carrier. Risking it would lead to huge fall in his goodwill which we can't risk. Therefore, we are going to take another big risk today.

Preeti is going to visit Mrs. Sinha's house. Since it is an active crime scene, no one is allowed to enter. Nevertheless, we are going to show him a way in. Preeti is going to use the same way she entered when she found her that horrible night. We are going to make it appear as if there is no security as they have deemed the case closed, but since Preeti is not yet satisfied, she is snooping around without permission to look for clues. Preeti is certain that by now the man must be going crazy with rage and all the withdrawals he must be suffering from. She is sure he will try to attack her in some way, maybe similar to what he did to Mrs. Sinha. Just thinking about putting Preeti in such harm's way makes my skin crawl and I want nothing more to enclose her in my arms and keep her safe. But, she is one stubborn and independent woman, who is not weak or scared to face such scenarios. In fact, I've come to learn so much more about her during these few days that I feel like I never really learnt who she was. I guess she is the true example of the saying that 'a woman plays many roles'. I've seen firsthand how she can switch from a loving wife to a doting sister/mother to a social worker to many more. She is somehow perfect in every role and still there is never a moment goes by when I feel like she has changed. She is always the same even when she is not.