Chapter 39

Prem

Waking up next to your beloved is the best feeling in this world. When I opened my eyes to see Preeti snuggled next to me, a smile tugged at my lips. I pulled her more into my arms, kept looking at her, sleeping peacefully. The calm on her face was the indication of peace and happiness in our lives and that is what I want and need to be happy myself.

I didn't realise how long I've been staring at her face when her eyes fluttered open and she gave a beautiful smile making my morning a lot more beautiful that it already was. Soon her smile turned shy, maybe realising our situation and remembering our night of love and intimacy. She hid her face in my chest and I held her firmly letting her know that she could trust me to guide her through this new phase in our relationship. After a few moments, I pull back to look at her face which was still covered in red hue of shyness. I hold her face in my palms and kiss her forehead.

"Let's get ready for our day, shall we?" I asked her softly not to disrupt the peace around us. She nods her head and try to move away to get down from the bed. However, she stops when she realises her lack of clothes and again hide herself in the covers. I move to put on my bottoms from last night and then move towards her. I lift her in my arms, covers and all and take her to the en suite bathroom. I help her as I should and together we get ready for our day ahead. While she goes to pray and light the lamp in our home temple to start her first day as the 'lady of the house', I clean up the room and adjust everything so the place is ready for everyone to see after we return. Soon, we are on our way to the Banquet Hall so we can all visit our ancestral temple to get blessings from God and our ancestors for a happy life ahead.

***

The temple visit was fun. After taking the blessings and doing some more rituals, we all decided to make a day of it and went to tour around the town where the temple is. It is a beautiful place filled with nature and peace. We roamed around many places that we had visited as kids; Bitto didn't remember most as she was too small and even Anand was having a gall sharing all our memories with Aman and Bitto. Afterwards, we had lunch as a picnic since we were carrying our own food that Maa and Ms. Chaudhary have prepared much to our delight. We spent the day sharing and creating many more memories, all happy and fun. Then we all returned home where my surprise was waiting for everyone. Today, I was going to have my full family at home for the first time and therefore, it was the perfect time to reveal the whole place to all.

***

We reached home and Preeti moves ahead to open the door with everyone tailing behind while Anand and I go to park the cars in the Garage. When we near the entrance, we hear Aman's excited shouts and I realise that I had forgotten to turn on the fog machines in the centre and that meant that the surprise was already out. A smile tugged at my lips while Anand looked confused as to what was happening.

We entered and as I've guessed, everyone was gathered in the lobby looking down at our room astonished. Everyone turned towards us when Anand asked aloud about what they all were doing. Aman came bouncing and pulled Anand over to the railings to look down. While everyone was busy looking down, Preeti came towards me. I held her in my arms sideways and kissed her forehead. She smiled at me and said that she will be preparing the dinner while I tour everyone around the house. I asked her whether she didn't want to know about the basement, but she said that she will either come by the time we reach downstairs or will ask me later on. Thus, she left to do her work while I moved towards everyone to start the tour of the house.

"So, liked the surprise?" I ask to get their attention.

"Bhaiya!" Kiran exclaimed before anyone else could react, "Where did that came from?" she asked pointing downstairs, making me laugh.