Chapter 30

Prem

I never thought these girls could behave like this. It's been hours since they went inside the room and Anand and I have been waiting here since then.

Apparently, Preeti was feeling a lot better after a good night's sleep. We had a really late dinner after the effect of medicines drained off from her system and then, went to sleep right after. Therefore, she was well rested and thought it would be best if she spends time with Bitto to appease her. Thus, they have been cooped up inside Preeti's room since after breakfast leaving Anand and I to entertain each other.

"I guess we are better off to work, since they have no intentions to give us a flicker of their time or attention," says Anand tired of waiting.

"I guess you're right; let me just announce it to them and then we'll go. Maybe they would have some time for us in the evening," I said sighing.

I went towards Preeti's room and knocked on the door. And just like many times since morning didn't get any acknowledgment.

"Preeti! Bitto! Anand and I are leaving for work and will see you in the evening. Both of you take care and don't go anywhere." I told them but before I can leave the door opened revealing my precious girls.

"Bhaiya, why are you leaving?" Bitto asked.

"Yes, you said you're off work the whole week unless anything urgent comes up," added Preeti.

They both are staring at me so innocently that you would think they really have no idea about the reason we are leaving. I gave them both a stinky eye.

"Huh, as if you both need us to stay! You both are obviously enjoying your time without us bothering you, so we thought why not just give you space," I told them sarcastically; and they just giggled. Are they serious right now?

I just huffed and turned away intending to leave, but before I can, Bitto jumped on my back clinging to me like a Koala or something, and Preeti held my hand dragging me to the living room where Anand stood up staring at me with open mouth.

"Ladies what are you both doing, let go of me," I said trying not to fall down with Bitto on my back. She is no longer a little girl but that doesn't mean I can't hold my baby anymore.

"Kiran" Preeti called Bitto and she let me go. Just like that!

"What?" Anand looked utterly confused with everything.

"You both are not going anywhere," said Preeti, "We are all going to my room and spend away the day with each other."

"Oh so now you realise we are in the house too?" I said sarcastically once again.

"Oh don't be grumpy Bhaiya; we were just testing how long you can go without our attention when you don't have work to distract you," said Bitto.

"What? Why would you wanna know that even?" I asked exasperated.

"For future sake," Preeti shrugged.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Anand.

"Nothing for you to worry about," replied Bitto. "Now come on, let's go to Di-, I mean Bhabhi's room" Bitto started to drag Anand forward, "Bhai you wouldn't believe how beautiful her room is. It was like getting to know her all over again..." her voice began to fade as they moved further.

"Sooo, are you coming or what?" asked Preeti.

"How can I ever refuse you?" I replied and she blushed. I forwarded my hand and she intertwined hers with mine. We moved forward to spend a day of love and laughter with our family.

***

Preeti

We enjoyed the rest of our day chatting and enjoying together as a family. I kept thinking about His proposal to talk to my family every now and then, since today really felt like I was at my right place.

Around late afternoon, I got a call from Maa and she asked me about my health and told me that they are back and if I can, I should get back. I told this to everyone else and it was decided that I would go back as Ammu needed me just as much.

On the way back, we dropped Devarji off first and Kiran decided to accompany us so my family wouldn't be suspicious. However, she did mention her desire for my family to know about us. I shared a look with her brother to let him know I agree, so he will know I agree to his proposal from a few days back.

After reaching home, I had a hard time convincing my family that I'm fine now, but they still kept worrying. I was strictly instructed to rest only and not indulge in household chores. Moreover, Ammu decided to become my 24/7 nurse cum guard and said he will shift to my room to take care of me; and more shocking was that my parents agreed. I mean what is going on.

Anyways, that meant no chance of getting to see Him or discuss about letting my family know. However, we did chat through texts and it was decided with Ammu and Kiran's agreement that we will wait out this remaining semester of the year, and then He can approach during the Summer Break. This way Kiran and I will have time to explore this new dimension of our relationship better and we all will have ample time to plan everything.

***