Chapter 8

Preeti

I was having completely leisure Sunday after a long time when my parents decided to spoil it. It was my first weekend after my graduation. Yes, I completed my Law. Now I'm planning on pursuing Post Graduate Degree in Personal Laws; but here are my parents trying to tie me down in a marriage. I love them nonetheless, but why can't they leave this topic of marriage. Firstly, I don't want to give up my carrier yet; secondly, I don't trust anyone to accept me with my priority being Aman only even if I'll have kids in future, my first kid will be him only. It wasn't Maa who raised him, it was me. Maa got very ill right after his birth and I took over her place in his life. It was I whom he called Maa for the first time and even after Maa recovered, I continued to raise him. It wasn't until I joined the University that I got busy with my life without Aman in it. Things changed a bit but he was always my priority. He is still my kid and will always be. I'm not planning to take him with me after marriage as it won't be fair on my parents, but still my in-laws will have to accept him along with me in their family. He calls me DeeMa and I call him Ammu.

Other than Ammu, He is also a reason now. I feel that he will not have any problem with Ammu since he have the same bond with Kiran, but I'm not yet ready to explore it. Not until he approaches me himself. Kiran told me he is very introvert and shy when it comes to his own feeling. She has given me a lot of examples when he gave up his wishes for the need of the hour. Whether it was giving up law or having Kiran with him; adventures or his love for food; leisure or fun; he gave up all for one or the other reasons in life and I wasn't sure whether he will fight for me or not.

I asked my parents to call the alliance but sternly stated that I am not gonna give up on my conditions to marry.

Here my parents were not ready to let me off the hook and there I was anxious to know what will be his reaction over it. I told Kiran about it when we met after the last paper as I wanted this news to reach him. Kiran didn't tell me anything about his reaction ever and it really made me sad and worried. I was afraid that he just let me go. I was able to avoid the alliance as they didn't agree to my conditions and informed Kiran about it but still got nothing from her regarding him. I felt like maybe it was just me and he didn't really feel the same for me.

***

Prem

One more year has passed and I've quite became used to Bitto's absence, although I can never accept it but I've convinced myself that with time she will become even more busier with studies and will have less and less time for me.

The house I was making is finished and now I'm doing the interiors. I've given strict orders to my Interior Designer to keep my house a big secret as it's one of its kinds and I am in no mood to disclose its architecture to anyone. I've given the same orders to my architect when he said that my idea was awesome for the house and he even said that he never though this can be possible. But it just somehow came to my mind and after all, you need not have knowledge of a field to think of something unique in that direction right!

I brought Anand over a couple of weeks back when the house was just completed and was being cleaned. I thought it would be better to have someone else seen the house to help me when I'll bring everyone else over. Yes, I'm thinking to bring Preeti and her family too along with Bitto. I don't know whether it would be soon or not, but I really wish I can bring her over before we officially shift here. I want to take both of their advices for the interior of our house. Our house!!

Anand is picking Bitto and taking her to his workplace. I have an important meeting in half an hour and finishing it will take about two hours. Only then, I'll be able to see my baby sis. However, after this meeting I've kept myself free to the utmost possibility so that I'll be able to spend most of my time with Bitto, without having my work suffer. Suraj has threatened me to quit if I would ever repeat my deed of last year. Suraj had to work 24/7 for the whole two months I was enjoying having my baby sis. I had to give him a couple of weeks off so that he can make up for all the lost time after the situation came under control.