Chapter 1

Prem

"BITTO!! We are already running late. Make it fast. Please." I don't know why I'm still requesting her. After waiting for her to come down for almost an hour, I must be freaking out for crying out loud.

I guess the perks of being 'The One and Only Princess Sister' of an elder brother cum guardian does this for her. Today I'm going to enrol my li'l sis to a law college. And not for crying out loud, but it's one of the best colleges in country and definitely the best in town. I just want the best for her; and this is not because she is going to fulfil my dreams by opting to law, but just because I love her the most.

She is the only reason by far I'm living for. After my parents passed away in a car crash when I was only 21, I would not have been able to survive, let alone manage to live the way I've managed to, if it wouldn't have been for me to take her responsibility. I am her legal guardian, but in reality, she had taken care of me, even if it was just by being around to be taken care of.

"I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry, I'm really very Sorry" I come back to reality with her words and realising the time...

"Bitto look at the time. You know I've a meeting to attend after I finish with you and you..." she cuts me off when she gives me a puppy face. Now, even if I need to bet my life on that, I can't imagine anyone saying no to this face.

Sighing I ask her to finish her breakfast so we can leave.

***

"Well, all good here as it's supposed to be" Mother Stacy says smiling at me. She is the dean of St. Andrew International University and thus, we're here in her office for final paper work before Kiran, my li'l sis, can finally be enrolled in the department of Law here, famously known as Satya - School of Law or SSL.

"Thank you Mother, I'm really grateful to you for taking out time for us". If it would not have been for Mother Stacy, it never was possible to get Kiran enrolled in the University in one day. She arranged for everything on just being asked once.

"Oh please Son, never mention that again. You are the Pride of our University till date. No one, and I really mean no one has scored as much as you ever in Business in the history of this University, Especially by Correspondence." She said smiling at me, which I returned happily glad.

"So Mother, are we done or do I need to visit the SSL too," I asked awkwardly.

Yes it was awkward because I'd only visited SSL twice in my whole life; once when I got myself enrolled and next when I got it cancelled, both in the matter of one week, before the session began; thus, 'awkward'.

"Oh no son, I've already managed that. The student president of SSL is just coming over to get these papers to file in the Dept. and she will also take Kiran with her to accommodate her with SSL." Mother informed and asked, "When will she be moving in by the way?"

I look over to Bitto to read her expressions before answering, "Well not until the session begins, but surely prior enough to that so that she can settle down before her classes."

***

We were waiting for the SSL Student President and catching up on my college days, or say Mother was accommodating Kiran with my college life, when the phone went off.

"Yes! St. Andrew International University" Mother received the call "Ohh! Okay... no problem child... Sure, they can come over... Don't worry; it's absolutely no problem... Don't mention, just carry on" Mother spoke several times in between listening to the other side before hanging up.

"Prem, Son we have a slight change here" she said turning to me, "The Student President is running late for an emergency meeting which came up all of a sudden. The meeting is being held in the Cafeteria of the University and therefore, you need to go there to catch her. I hope it's not an issue!"

"Of course not Mother; in fact it'll save me some time. I had to see Cheenu anyways and thus it will save me some time." I said standing up to leave

"Oh that's good Son, here take these papers too" Mother said giving me the file "Hand these over to her. She already has all the details of Kiran; you just need to drop her off"

"Okay Mother, I'll see you later then"

"Sure will Son, God Bless You," Mother said before we left her cabin.

***

Preeti

I am so furious right now that I cannot think straight. My team has turned a mole into mountain. The problem was so small that I could have sorted it in a phone call; but no, they had to be over-smart and try to solve it themselves when they can't. God! What would have happened if I didn't learn about it on time and took care of it! I'm so not going to let it slide.

"Guys, I'm waiting! What the hell is wrong with you all? Why aren't y'all speaking?" I'm trying to learn what these foolish members of my team were thinking hiding such thing from me. "For God Sake SPEAK UP". These nitwits are sitting as if they all have gone mute.

Ugh! I can't believe this. I don't remember when I have shouted so much in a Student Body Meet before. I mean these are the best students of SSL chosen from each semester and for such a mistake to be committed!

I was in the middle of trying to get some answers when I noticed someone entering the Cafeteria premises, which I believe I've got booked for an hour for this meeting. This just worked like fuel to the fire of my rage and I burst.

"WHAT THE HELL!"

***

Prem

When we reached the Cafeteria, I was in for a surprise. Apart from a small group of people visible to be sitting in a circle, the whole cafeteria was empty. However, what surprised me was the fact that there were lots and many people present outside the cafeteria like a crowd awaiting something. I couldn't understand what was going on.

The cafeteria is an open space built a few feet above the ground with a cemented shed above it. It's bigger than a room but smaller than a hall. It has pillars around it, supporting the shed. Everyone was outside as if no one was allowed to enter the area, other than those sitting in the middle. Before I can ask anyone what was the deal going on, I heard a loud yet soft, sweet yet confident voice. I couldn't see the source of it due to the crowd, but I intrigued me to try.

"Guys, I'm waiting! What the hell is wrong with you all? Why aren't y'all speaking?" the voice demanded "For God Sake SPEAK UP". Although the girl was shouting by this moment, the softness of her voice was still there. It was confident and demanding, but not at all scary.

"Di is gonna kill them all" I heard a girl saying at my right

"Of course she is, after all it's not a small thing." Another one agreed

They didn't talk any further to let me know the real matter. I tried to move in towards the counter to see Cheenu and ask him about that Student President. I didn't even ask her name from Mother while leaving. I guess I'll have to ask Cheenu now. But how do I enter? No one is ready to give way. Somehow, I managed to go past a few students, but just as I stepped in the cafeteria...

"WHAT THE HELL!" I heard the same voice shout at me and when I looked up to the source...

***