Chapter 43

Preeti

It was a regular day at college. Everything was going fine until suddenly in the middle of one lecture I felt the world spinning around me, and before I can process what was happening, I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, I was in Mother's chamber and one of the medical students was checking up on me. When she noticed that I have woken up, she gave me a smile before asking,

"How are you feeling Ma'am?"

"I'm quite alright. I actually have no idea what caused me dizziness which resulted in me falling unconscious." I told her.

"That's alright Ma'am, it happens. There need not necessarily be any reason to fainting while you're-" my dear husband barging inside cut her off. His eyes quickly yet crazily scanned the room before settling on me. He heaved a sigh looking at me before moving closer to me. He didn't even bother greeting mother before firing his questions at me and the poor student playing doctor on me.

"What happened? Are you okay?" he asked me before turning to the doctor, "Is she okay? Why would she suddenly faint like this? She even had breakfast. Is she dehydrated?" he mumbled the last one before focusing on me again, "I told you to drink more fluids. Look what happened." He continued to reprimand me not giving anyone a chance to speak. A soft giggle finally cut off his rant and we all turned to look at the student/doctor who has failed to contain her laugh. She blushed beautifully and innocently before speaking.

"Ma'am is perfectly fine Sir. In fact, she is more than fine," she said making us confused. Seeing that we were too confused to ask anything, she spoke further, "Ma'am is expecting Sir." She said taking me by surprise.

Mother moved forward congratulating me and we all turned to see my husband still looking confused as ever which made not only the student girl giggle again but Mother also shook her head seeing her smartest student acting dumb. They both left the cabin to go and tell my students about me being well while promising to keep the news hidden for now, giving me some privacy to deal with my husband.

"What are you staring at now? It is all because of you." I told him moving closer.

"Huh! What did I do? What is going on?" He finally asked still clueless to everything.

"We are going to be parents once again," I told him and he still did not understand. "Oh God! Seriously? Where have you left your brains today?" I asked getting irritated.

"Why are you getting angry? I don't know what I did to cause you to fall sick, but whatever it was, I'm really sorry okay." She said making me face palm.

"Oh my dear husband, I'm not sick." I told him taking his face between my palms. "I'm pregnant." I finally clarified to him in soft voice. He didn't react for a moment, but then I saw his eyes getting wet.

"What did you say?" He asked softly as if afraid to break the moment.

"I said you are going to be father. We are going to have a child. I am pregnant. We're pregnant." I told him again and this time he reacted by taking me in his embrace and swinging me around. I yelped and laughed before asking him to put me down as he was making me feel dizzy.

He placed me back on my feet and balanced me with his arms when I staggered not having recovered from the spin. He embraced me again and held me firmly.

"I can't tell you how happy I am Preeti. This is one of the best moments of my life." He started speaking softly. "When I received a call from Mother telling me that you have fainted, I felt like my world stopped spinning on its axis. I rushed here fearing the worst but it turns out that it was the best thing waiting for us to find it."