Bonding

Sangwoo Jr. Chapter. KS Theory: I believe that Sangwoo had a relationship with his mother. He freed her from his abusive father and she either killed herself, or he killed her when she decided to remarry or pushed away his advances. We will see after the hiatus, I hope.

Sangwoo waits at the parking lot of the corner store. He takes a drag of his cigarette lazily and shoves one hand into the pocket of his black jeans and leans against the trunk of his car. He glances around as a few people come and go. He finally sees the bus he is waiting for on the other side of the street. It comes to a stop and after a few minutes it takes off leaving a group of people behind. In that small group, he sees his father. He is so thin and he wears a striped long-sleeved shirt over some baggy long shorts. Sangwoo likes his father in a skirt best. But his little boy dress-up is cute too. He flings the cigarette to the ground and puts it out with a sneakered foot.

"S-Sangwoo!" Bum waves at him eagerly, running up to him with a slight graceless smile. "Did you wait long?"

Sangwoo shakes his head no and ruffles his father's black hair. "I could've picked you up, you know. Mom is at work, no?"

Bum nods, "Yes. But it's okay. I like riding the bus."

"I see," he says and walks to the front of the car as Bum follows. Once they are pulling out of the corner store he says, "You don't have to do this. I have a job."

They merge into traffic heading to the grocery store. One of the two grocery stores in their small town.

"Y-yes, but you are in school and your money is not enough."

Sangwoo side-glances him and pinches his cheek playfully. "Thanks. I wish momma loved me as much as you do."

Bum clenches his fists over his shorts. "She does love you. She gave me the money for the groceries."

Sangwoo rolls his eyes and chuckles. "Because she is the only one that works."

Bum purses his lips and changes the subject, "Where are you staying at anyway? With that girl?" There is a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Nope. I am at a hotel, but I am barely cutting it even." He taps his thumb idly on the steering wheel. "Did momma say anything about taking me back in?"

"No. She is still angry. I've tried to convince her."

"It's fine," he says hiding his annoyance. He would stay in the shack in the woods if his phone connection wasn't so terrible and he had a fridge.

Bum places his hand against his thigh and squeezes comfortingly, "I'll convince her and then we will be a family again."

"That's right. That's what I want too. I want to be a family and be close to momma."

So close in fact, that his jeans get tight thinking about it. He had been fucking FN this entire week and it still wasn't enough to take his mom out of his head. He had hoped that FN could get rid of this damn obsession that haunts him. It's his mother's fault he is this way. That is the only reasoning he can find.

"Hey, Bum," Sangwoo says, staring over at his father when they halt at a red light. "You've stopped taking the medication mom and her shrink is making you take?"

Bum nods briefly. "Yes. But if YN finds out she'll kill me. I don't want her to be mad at me." He looks out the window and sighs. "I hate it when she gets mad and she says the medication keeps me from acting weird."

"You don't need that crap. It changes you. Don't you feel better when you're just being yourself, huh?" He squeezes his father's thin thigh and Bum turns to him with a boyish smile.