Date

~This is a request insert feel free to skip if you're waiting for a continuation of Sangwoo Jr. I will post that next/////A few weeks after your release, you and Bum, attempt to continue on with your life~

"Do you believe the love you have for Yoon Bum is because of the years that you were trapped with him?"

You glance from the fancy rug under the psychiatrist coffee table and into her bland professional face. "What do you mean by that?"

You don't mean to sound so defensive but you are still getting used to the social rules the outside world had way before you were trapped. Rules that you had since forgotten in your captor's home. It wasn't the first time your relationship with Bum was questioned as unnatural.

"Don't take offense, Miss LN," she said, uncrossing one leg and then crossing it at the knees over the other. "The way to proper healing is to bring everything out in the open. We will do it all at your own pace. Don't feel pressured."

You finger the thin bandage over the stitches that trail under your eye to your cheek and stand up abruptly. "I think I am ready to go."

She says something else but you block her out. You give her a false smile and walk out of there even as she insists for you to stay a couple of minutes more. What a waste of time this was.

*******

You make sure your face is covered well with your scarf and hail a cab to the hotel where you and Bum are staying. Soon, both of you will be forced to decide the best course of action for your future. Doing a large news segment would give you the money you need to get out of this city, but both of you are not ready to fully speak. The little bit of money you both have is because of Officer Seungbae and the interview you agreed to do for a newspaper. Reliving everything over and over made you nauseous. In fact, you're nauseous often and those symptoms light a bulb in the back of your mind, but you refuse to linger on the thoughts more than a second. Your period hadn't arrived because of your trauma. It was perfectly normal...

You make sure your sunglasses are in place when you open the door of the cab and slip inside.

"Where to, Miss?"

You give him the address and the cab merges into the congested downtown street. Your cover with goosebumps every time you see the people walking the sidewalks lost in the traffic of their own lives. Although you are free, you felt like you were on the outside looking into the world that was doing perfectly fine without you. You remember the night Sangwoo drove you as a reward. You remember the way the wind had caressed your hair and how all you wished was to be outside in that crowded downtown sidewalk with the others. You will never be like others again and that was an undeniable fact...

"Have you heard about those kidnapped kids, miss?"

You immediately stiffen holding the scarf over your scarred neck. "Yeah."

"Isn't that horrible? Forgive my saying so, but those poor things are better off dead. I don't know if they will ever be able to move past what that asshole did to them."

"Hey mister," you interrupt. "Drop me off at the shopping plaza."

***********

You enter the room of your hotel that was a few minutes out of the city. It was homey and rustic in decoration owned by an old couple that had agreed to house you for free. Being a victim sure had its perks, you think sourly.

"Bum?" you say into the unlit room lightened by the TV and the sunset peering through the half-opened window.

"I-I am in the bath," he exclaims and you hear the water slosh around.