Maybe

Sangwoo Jr. chapter following previous one.  

Sangwoo drives in the rain to the one place that he could always be in peace. The one place where he could just be himself. This small town his parents had chosen as their home was surrounded by the forest. There were even little stores hidden among the trees, a quiet place where torture victims like Bum and his mom, could live a silent life. The wind wipers swish in full blast as they fight against the heavy rain. In the back roads where there is only one factory that hums day in and out, he had found his special place with FN. A place that only belongs to both. Not Seung. Just him and her.

He parks in the middle of nowhere, through a busted traffic rail that had tire marks already scarred against the grass because of constant parking. He exits his car feeling for his matches and his knife in his pockets and sets his sneakered feet onto the mushy grass. He yanks the hood of his sweater over his drenched black locks and walks through the trees. Anyone would be afraid of walking in the pitch darkness with only a measly flashlight in hand. The rain seeps through his clothes causing him to shiver involuntarily. He continues, slipping slightly against the grown blades of grass. He thinks about his mother, at how angry she was. How repulsed she sounded as he compared him to his real father. Today he has been pissed off by the two women he cares about. He wants to vent out his anger out on them, but maybe he wasn't as impulsive as his father had been. He imagines cutting off their tongues. The thought of getting rid of such a useful appendage makes him frown and he removes the thought from his head.

He arrives at the abandoned house that he had fixed bit by bit. The windows are still sealed shut keeping the abandoned look to keep people away. Not like anyone would ever find it easily anyway. The only way anyone would stumble across this house would be by accident...just as he and FN had found it. He unlocks it with his keys and enters the stuffy darkness. He walks blindly towards the center where the string of the lightbulb hangs. He hopes the solar panel gathered enough sunlight to light the room. With a thankful exhale, the light turns on dimly shadowing the corners where the light did not reach. He toes off his sneakers and peels his wet clothes until he remains in his boxers. He stretches his neck from one side to the other, the muscle extending feels satisfying. He goes to the trunks that he and FN had filled with a variety of items during their sleepover. He grabs the futon that lops beside it. He shakes it and arranges it on the side of the wall. He pulls the aged trunk open and slips on a dry t-shirt that fits too tight. The cool fabric clings to his muscles and falls above his stiff lower abdomen. Just as he thinks about taking it off, he hears his cell phone buzzing from his thrown damp clothes.

He sucks his teeth remembering the device. He hopes it didn't get soaked. He takes it out quickly and rubs the wet phone against his boxers before checking his messages. Various missed calls and unanswered texts from Bum and FN. He reads the recent ones FN has sent him.

Sangwoo. I am sorry. I was acting annoying. Text me back, please.

He bites the inside of his cheek debating if to answer or not. He decides to do so.

I am at our place. My parents kicked me out.

In this weather?! I'll be there soon and I'll bring some snacks. :) Is that okay?

Yep.

FN had first met Sangwoo when he was being bullied. She found him odd because no matter how much they poked or made fun of him he simply ignored it. He didn't seem to be fazed by anything... until they tried to corner him in the bathroom and Sangwoo smashed a boy's head against the urinal. Since Sangwoo was well liked by the teachers, they stood up for him claiming that he had been cornered and had acted out in his fear. Sangwoo seemed apologetic enough, even crying when they said the boy he had hurt would get stitches. Sangwoo was never bullied after that.