Chapter 38

"tinakot mo kami duon ah, the way your wheels sounded? we were afraid we might lose you this time, for real"

Doc Sam said to Lance while drinking his beer. Lance went straight to him after confronting Faight. Sitting on a large stone facing the view of a rolling mountain ranges, the brothers talked openly for the first time in a long time.

"I'm sorry" He gulped his beer "si Faight eh"

"I know, actually the whole town knows"

"nakakasira ng ulo"

"but I'm proud of you, finally you had the courage to do that"

"do what? followed and confess to her?"

"to let her go... some people mistook it as a sign of giving up, quitting but for someone who can love so much? It is a courage in disguise. They have the guts to hope that one day their loved ones will be back, no matter how long it takes"

"just like dad"

"Yep, just like dad. like you I didn't understand dad why he built that tower kasi mom is already dead. She can never come back. But when I got married? I realized we all have different kinds of hope. It's a connection, an invisible bond we have with our love"

"so you are convinced that Faight will be back?"

"ha ha ha believe me Lance, lahat dito sa atin alam na babalik si Faight"

"babaeng yon, binabaliw ako"

"you love her, to let her leave"

"she needs time to fix everything for herself and I don't want to hinder those. If she feels our romance is somewhat an excess baggage for her to carry? Then I'll carry it for her until she's ready"

"kaya mo kaya? na hindi siya nakikita?"

He opened another bottle of beer

"one thing that Faight can't figure out until now "

"okay?"

"when I said I miss her, I am missing her and that's not stopping me from stalking her"

"ha ha ha, tama si Faight stalker ka nga niya"

"ha ha ha"

"Cheers bro! I'm glad you're home"

"Me too... cheers kuya"