Chapter 11- Beating Hearts

After a cup of coffee in his small round dining table located at the back of his cabin, Lance prep up for his day work. Tied up his long curly hair up, wore his gray shirt and Jogger pants and black sneakers gearing for a productive day ahead.

He went out of his cabin walking towards his truck. His eyes widened in awe of what he saw whom he saw rather, sitting on the top of the truck's hood.

"Hi! Gandang umaga!" Faight cheerfully greeted and waved hello to Lance early in the morning.

Lance's facial expression asked Faight's purpose of coming that early.

"uhm, ah, sorry nakaka-istorbo ba? Sorry ah"

Lance won't speak still, his stare won't divert to anywhere but hers, he's waiting for her to spill her reasons.

"ah,a no kase, uhm"

Lance crossed his arms and raises her eyebrows acting impatient.

"okay, okay eto na, uhm thank you, sa lahat"

Lance face turned into a soft gentle expression from a mocking one.

"hindi na ako magtatanong kung bakit o anong reason mo para gawin lahat yon, magpapasalamat lang talaga ako. Don't worry makakabawi din ako"

"makakabawi?"

"ah no! That's not what I mean, hindi sa makabayad ng utang na loob. Uhm I just want to do the same for you and for others because that's what everybody needs? Help, sometimes"

Lance stare pans down to the ground and shakes his head.

"ah okay, wala na akong sense, so ayun bye and good morning"

Faight turned her back from him, ashamed of her actions that she's been rehearsing all night. She started walking away from him when Lance called her out.

"sandali"

Faight stopped and turned to him again.

"you want to help out right?"

"ah, yes of, of course... ano ba maitutulong ko sayo?"

Lance gaze panned at the back of his truck where pale of paints gathered.

"ah, teka pagbubuhatin mo ako ng mga pintura?"

Lance smirked at her and carried two pale of paint inside.

"te...teka lang! Grabe tong lalaking to sabi ko tutulong ako pero balak pa ata akong parusahan"

But Lance, as a gentleman as he is which Faight discovered just then, did not allow her to carry anything. Even if Faight tries, he'll snatch those paints from her hand.

"wala na akong nagawa"

"halika dito"

"saan?"

"dito, pasok ka"

"hoyy I swear pag may ginawa ka nasa kahit nasa kakahuyan tayo, kala mo ha"

"I thought I made it clear you're not my type?"

"yabang mo noh?"

"pumasok ka na kasi"

Faight went inside and stumbled upon an empty wall in front of her.

"this, this is what we will do"

"paint? Mural? Eeehh, diba sabi ko nga sayo wala akong talent sa mga ganyan? Ito naman eh"

"sa pag-paint wala, pero sa pag-buhos? Pag-tapon? Malamang sisiw"

Lance smiled at her, pick the paint and throw its colors on the wall. Faight smiled and picked one-two and did it too. All morning they laugh and threw paints all over the place, it was like a therapy for her one that she never knew she needed. It was the first time that they saw each other smile genuinely for each other.

"hahahaha, that was fun Lance, salamat"

"well, I needed your help so salamat din"

"uhm you usually do this?"

"well, pag-wala akong inspiration to paint, I do this. Nagtatapon ako ng pintura sa wall pag nakita ko na ang mga kulay na naghahalo? Nakakabuo na ako ng mga ilusyon na gusto ko o maaari kong ipinta"

"so, may nakikita ka na bang image?"

Lance looked down and smiled, panned his stare back at her and said

"wala pa, pero inspirsyon para makapagpinta mukhang magkakaroon na"

Faight's cheeks blushed and can feel her heart racing against her breath.

"ahh, ahem... good, nice, good for you"

They smiled and looked at the wall for minutes as they share the whole morning that day together.

Lance and Faight rode back to the town proper and everyone who sees them can't help but assume that the two are already in an understanding. That afternoon they went to the canteen when they first dined together.

"sir Lance!!! uy teacher Faight" The owner looks at them maliciously as he asked them about their orders.

"tay, tama na duda ganun parin order namin"

Lance merrily told the owner whom he treats as his father.

After eating they went to the machine shop and all the staff there tease them as well.

"oh, bati na pala sila! Kasalan na!" Lemuel teases them both dancing like a striptease in front of them.

"sira ulo!"

"hahaha, your friends are cute, sarap nilang i-untog isa-isa"

Lance stepped closer to her that made her stepped backward a little too.

"pasensyahan mo na, ganyan talaga mga yan pero harmless naman"

"uhm, hehehe I know, tsaka alam ko namang hindi mo ako papabayaan dito, ah, I mean ano, yung ano ba"

Lance stepped a little closer again and said gently, "oo naman, ikaw pa"

They stood there in the center as if no one in the place can see them. They are starting to build a whole new world, of their own without even knowing it their hearts starts to beat as one.