Chapter 25- Heart's Confrontation

It's a gloomy afternoon and the clouds scream of mourning moment, that is for Lance's perception. He deprived himself of smiling or being happy even in simple things. He kept himself distant from the world, once again.

He went outside to put some commissioned painting behind his truck. To his surprise he discovered Angela, standing outside his cabin.

"what are you doing here?"

"I saw you, how you are when you're with her. Different, happier"

"what do you want Angela" He asked again while he puts the canvass inside the truck

"forgiveness, I need forgiveness from you"

"you just did what's best for you Angela, and I respect that, there's nothing for you to be sorry about"

"really? Wala ba talaga? Why do I feel as if I'm a curse to you? Na everytime makikita mo ako? Your world stops revolving? You always come back to that tragic event? Lagi nalang bang ganito Lance? I feel like a part of you still blames me for what happened."

"I didn't blame anyone but myself, wala kang kasalanan remember that"

"wala nga ba? How long Lance? How long will you pretend you're not mad at me?'

"hindi ako galit, wala akong karapatang magalit"

"c'mon Lance! Sigawan mo ako murahin anything! Just let it all out cause honestly I feel like my presence here is about to ruin your blossoming romance and I'm tired of it, I'm tired of blaming myself for distraction of lives"

"you have nothing to do with me and Faight"

"I know. But seeing you here? Without her? Me being here had already affected your relationship with her am I right? I just hope that you can forgive yourself so you can forgive me too. I have loved you Lance, but I knew from the start I'm not the one you desired, but as a friend please I beg of you, let it all go"

"Angela as a friend I appreciate your effort and reminders if you want forgiveness? Nabigay ko na yun sayo matagal na, you moved on? Good for you, but please accept the fact that I have my own pace of moving on too, let that sink in and let me be"

"but Lance"

"just go, bago kapa makita ni Faight na nandito"

"you really love her"

"I'm just tired of explaining, I'm tired, just go"

Angela left Lance aggravated and confused. But while he's gathering his thoughts back Faight, on the other hand, is on the verge of breaking down upon hearing Lemuel's revelation about Lance's past.