Chapter 3- Doubting Hearts

"merong mga bagay na gusto nating intindihin kahit minsan ang hirap hirap na, ang sakit sakit na. Madalas nga kinukumbinsi nalang natin ang sarili natin eh, tama na self! kalma ka na bes! tanggapin mo nalang, ganun talaga ang buhay kahit gaano kadilim ang daan, kailangan mong maglakad kahit gumagapang, kumakapa kasi paano nga naman tayo makakarating sa paroroonan, kung hindi tayo gagalaw?" ~Faight

It's five in the afternoon when Faigth was told to bring the home bake cookies for Lance in his studio.

"oh, ayandalawang box of cookies, make sure namakaratingkay sir Lance ha"- Lannie

"ma'am naman, ano naman tingin niyo sakin babawasan ko to? and hindi po ako mahilig sa cookies, never po akong nahumaling sa cookies at kahit gutom ako hindi ako kakain ng cookies" Faight

"ha ha ha, ikaw talaga teacher Faight. sige na, psabi kay Lance salamat"

After riding a motorcycle, Faight arrives to the entrance of the pathway towards Lance's studio. His place is located few meters from the lake. A cabin type mini studio.

"salamat po manong" Faight said to the driver

"okaypomam no problem. Diretso lang po kayo konti makikita niyo na studio ni sir Lance'- Dariver

"sir Lance talagamanong?"

'oo naman, mababait po yan silang magkakapatid"

"ah, okay. Sige po manong text nalang ako pag magpapasundo na ako"

Faight lead her way slowly, wandering her eyes to the surroundings. Green, taller trees than those of in the city proper even the climate is a bit cooler.

"ang ganda naman ditto" amazed by the atmosphere "pero on weird, pareho ng nakatira hmp!"

Faight took a deep breath when she stumbled at the wide open front door of the studio.

"ang cute. Pero why settle here? I guess artist are like this? They want to be left alone, hmm bakanga"

She stepped forward and entered the room. She is even more amazed at Lance's paintings and sculptures. She went further on to check some things.

"uhm. Lance? Sir Lance? Nanditopoba kayo?"

She called for him few times, but nobody's there. She looked for him, entering few rooms and find no one. She entered one room and something there had caught her attention. A canvass covered in white cloth, it is the only thing that is placed in that room.

"ano to?"

She slowly steps a little nearer to the canvass standing in front of her, she intends to remove the cloth but backed off from unveiling it.

"Back off Faight. Privacy" convincing herself, she left the room and proceed to her search

"urgh. Nasaan na ba kasi lalaking yun? Gagabihin ako lalo nito eh"

She irritatingly wanders the place when her attention diverted to the way that leads to the Lake. She went forth, and followed the trace. She has to struggle her way to the lake, which is weedy and narrow.

"Self, anong ginagawa mo ditto? Gabi nanamumundokkaba?" scolding herself

Swiping twigs and grass out of her way when she finally reached the Lake.

Her eyes sparkled, like she had never seen a precious sight all her life. Her heart is pounding, when she realizes that the lake is the gateway to the foot of the mountain where the lighthouse is located. She impulsively revealed herself from the dark and was about to trek her way up when she someone standing on the beach, in deep thought.