Chapter 19- Helping Hearts

They went straight to a warehouse where doc sam and his wife Michelle decided to place the medicines and groceries to be pack. Almost a hundred people volunteered including Lance and Faight.

"Lance! dumating ka, good to see you" Michelle welcomed him with a kiss on his cheek "Hon andito si Lance"

"ah, this is Faight pre-school teacher siya sa Tinago she wants to help. Faight this is Michelle my sister-in-law"

"Hi po"

"oh how darling you are, thank you for helping out"

"naku my privilege"

"Lance!" Sam tap his brother on his shoulder "good to see you, Faight thank you for coming"

"wala po yun, kahit paano may maitulong naman"

"so, how's the situation" Inquired anxiously by Lance

"medyo marami-raming nasalanta, nasa mahigit isang daang pamilya naapektuhan ng landslide sa kbilang baryo, may mga pina-una na akong tulong doon pero mukhang kukulangin kaya eto, buti may mga dumagdag pang tutulong"

Faight listened intently and observes how the people around her works together as a huge team.

It is raining still around four in the afternoon. Sweat and mud are all over them.

"oh Lance, saan ka pupunta?" She grabs Lance's arms

"Magda-drive kailangan na maihatiran ng mga gamot at pagkain yung iba"

"teka bakit ikaw? ang laking truck niyang ida-drive mo maputik pa, maulan padin ang lakas pa ng hangin"

"eh ang tagal kasi nung isang truck, mukhang na-stuck ata sila"

"oh edi sama ako"

"wag na, dito ka nalang malakas ang ulan mababasa ka nanaman"

"sasama ng ako"

"hindi na nga magkakasakit ka"

She looked at him with her eyes so charmingly pleading.

"isama mo na Lance, mahirap magtampo ang misis" Said Michelle

"oo nga naman Lance, baka ayaw lang mahiwalay sa mister"

"ayeeeeeeeee" Teased by the others

"oh ayan isang daan kami isa ka lang, sige na please sama na ako" She grinned

"oo na, sige pero magkapote ka"

"yes boss!"

Lance can't resist her charm. He watches her put on her raincoat as if she's the only one there in a huge warehouse.

They rode the relief goods in a Foton truck and drove towards the neigboring town.

People are lining up, just to get a bag of groceries and medicines enough to feed them in a day or two.

"Faight?' 'Faight!"

"ha?" Dumbfounded she replied

"okay ka pa?"

"yes, oo naman don't worry about me"

The whole afternoon untl the evening breaks they went to and fro to pack and distribute the goods to the affected areas. Lance tries to encourage Faight to rest for a while but she didn't falter. She thinks that it is her duty to help and give courage to those in need and also to be equal in Lance's hard work.

Inside the truck, while they rest for few minutes, Faight tells Lance to change shirt.

"oh, punasan nga natin yang likod mo! kung hindi pawis? basang basa ka naman sa ulan"

Lance is overwhelmed of Faight's thoughtful unconscious gestures.

"oh hubad na"

"ha? dito?"

"oo bakit pabebe lang?"

"makikita tayo baka anong isipin"

"Lance binabagyo na tayo, uunahi pa nila ang chismis? ano ba hubad na kasi! arti-arti"

"sure kaba?"

"hay nako hubad na"

"sure, sabi mo eh"

Lance took off his gray wet shirt and wipe it off all over his sweating body. Faight cannot help but giggle at the sight of half naked Lance.

"enjoy ba?"

"che! ano ba magpalit ka na nga"

"ayaw mo muna bang namnamin ang view?"

"ahy teka wait"

Faight gazes at his eyes to his lips down to his chest and his abs.

"okay nako go na bihis na"

"sure ka?'

"sure na, busog na ako eh"

"ha ha ha"