Chapter 16- Kindled Hearts (1)

"Saan ba tayo pupunta? Hoy Baka Kung saan mo Ko dadalhin ha!?"

" heto nanaman tayo sa imahinasyon mo" Lance shaking his head and laughingly answered "ang cute mo"

"Eh Malay Ko bang may pagnanasa Ka talaga sakin" "oh teka, papunta to sa bahay mo ah, Ikaw ah"

Lance parked his truck near the lake. Baffled, Fiaght's eyes wandered the area.

"Oops! Teka, you have to close your eyes first"

"Bakit?"

"Basta... Teka"

Lance covered her eyes with his hands.

"Para Hindi Ka mandadaya"

"Teka Lang ha, seryoso Lance kinakabahan ako ano ba to?"

"Trust me, just walk"

Faight stepped her right foot forward when she slipped

"Aray!"

"Oh, Dahan Dahan Lang...here, let me help you, pwede ba kit ang Hawakan dito?"

Faight nodded yes and Lance held her tiny waist aiding her to walk carefully in the muddy ground.

They walk slowly, Lance behind her following her steps.

"Here, stop...wait, just stand there okay?"

"Okay"

Lance stood few steps in front of Faight. His hands in his side pocket hiding out of his anxiety.

"Ahem... Uhm, you can open your eyes"

Faight opened her eyes tardily but to her surprise there was nothing different, nothing new.

"Ahm, oooookaaaay... So, anong, anong meron?"

She looked at Lance whose standing in front of her smiling as if something is about to happen.

"Lance?! Medyo weird na"

"5"

"Huh?"

"4, 3"

"Teka Lance kinakabahan talaga ako"

"2"

"LANCE!!!"

"1"

"LANCE ANU BA!...ano ba Ta...la...ga" Her gaze pans back to the lake. A countless fireflies flew just above the waters. Dancing in a mysterious invisible rhythm. Her doll eyes widened, mirroring the thousand lights in front of her.

She gazed back at Lance whose watching her already, happy and contented.

Faight smiled at him and whispered

"Thank you"

They sat beside the waters, watching the mini lights flying. In between minutes Faight finds Lance looking up.

"Uhm, ang Ganda Nila noh?"

"Sobra, parang Ikaw Lang"

"Ahh ito ba Yung surprise na sinasabi ni Lymel?" She asked trying to avoid Lance's stare

"Ah, Medyo"

"Medyo?"

"Basta" He looked up again and smiled

"Faight "

"Yes?"

"That Light house you wanted to check? It was built twenty two years ago"

"Really? So alam mo bakit tinayo yan dyan? Kase ang weird diba na may light house as ganitong lugar"

Lance took a deep breath and gathered all the strength he needed to reply

"Yes, it was built by my Dad for my Mom"