Chapter 7- Mocking Hearts

It is July, the nutrition month celebration and Faight was asked to lead the designs of the stage. She was assigned to make it proper but beautiful. It is a difficult task for her, a self-proclaim talentless person, her thoughts tangled when she was told about her duties.

Half-hearted she is, Faight went to Lance and asked for his help.

"busy ako" Lance replied sharply to Faight's pleading while cleaning his studio

"sige na please! I have only two weeks! Dalawang lingo to prepare and finish all"

"bakit? Wala bang ibang tutulong sayo?"

"marami naman pero ung creativity, wala kasi ako nun eh, isa pa lahat sila ikaw ang gusto since ikaw yung artist dito sa Tinago, dadating si Mayor please at yung DEPED!"

"like I should care? again, busy ako"

"kahit may bayad? Anong gusto mo? Swear walang cookies"

"teacher ka diba? I bet the two letter word N O is understandable?"

Faight pouts her mouth, disappoint. Her eyes pans to the room where the covered canvas is placed.

"okay fine... pero, anong meron sa kwarto na yon?"

Lance quickly closed the door and answered Faight irritatingly

"none of your business"

"okay fine! Suplado !"

Lance refused to help Faight. His mood swings starts to get into Faight's head. Confusing but engaging at the same time.

Faight stomped her foot as she leads her way out of Lance's cabin.

"ahhhhhh" covered her face "anong gagawin ko!!!? lord tabang!"

Faight gathered her team and planned everything. From budgeting to producing. It is also the Town's annual feast, Deped officers and city Mayor is said to have a surprise visit another reason for Faight's stressed mind. Added to these is her daily practice with her student's presentation in celebrating the nutrition month.

Everyday Lance and Faight ran into each other in public markets, fruit stands and to the canteen where they dined together. But Faight never forgets, she kept in mind Lance's attitude when he refused to cooperate. She ignores him every time and anytime Lance is about to approach her as well. With what Faight's gestures, signaled Lance to step back and never mind her as well.

Six days left before the event, Dina called Faight Thursday night for an emergency.

"WHAT!!!" Faight worriedly asked. In the middle of the night, Faight rushed into the terminal hopeful to catch the last trip Davao bound. Her eyes can't stop crying, her heart is aching because of the news Dina told her about. Her Father, is hospitalized.

She waited there even though drivers already told her that the next trip will be around five in the morning.Sitting on the bench, trying to calm herself when a familiar truck stops in front of her, it is Lance.

"tara" Lance trying to sound comforting as he asked Faight to come with him.

"saan?"

"Davao"

"wag na, ayaw mo nga akong tinutulungan diba?"

"hindi ka pa rin naka-move on diyan? I said I was busy, baka..." He took a deep breath and insisted his invitation instead "sige na, sabay kana sakin"

"hindi na, mag-aantay nalang ako dito"

"five am? Almost four hours ang byahe anong oras kapa makakarating niyan"

"dibale na, kesa naman sumabay sayo"

"sige na tara na"

"bakit mo ba ako ihahatid ha! Ano ba kita?"

"may bibilin akong pyesa ng sasakyan sa Davao, so pinapasabay lang kita, okay ka na?" waited for a second for her answers "mabilis akong mag-drive"

"wo! Nakakagulat yung tip mo ah salamat sa heads up" Faight mockingly said

"ano?"

Even if she doesn't want to have anything do to with Lance anymore and his mood swings, she can't say no either. Aside from the fact that she is needing his help, this time she didn't asked for it, it was given to her.

"bakit midnight ka pupunta ng Davao?"

"gusto kong nag-ddrive sa madaling araw, swerte mo nagkataon bbyahe ako"

"wow, nahiya naman ako sa tadhana ano?"

 "ito kumot, matulog ka muna I'll wake you up pag dating natin"

"talaga ah! Baka kung saan mo ko dalin ah!"

"pfff... for someone who said she lacks creativity? Lakas ng imagination mo"

"bastos!!!"

Faight covered herself with the blanket and slept as Lance drove themselves towards the city of Davao.

.