Chapter 36~ Someone Unexpected

Enjoy the chapter.

////////////////

Your POV

I couldn't believe who I saw. My eyes were fooling me. It was the most unexpected person ever. I mean, I wouldn't expect anyone to stalk me. But him of all people. I never spoke to him. We never had a full conversation and I wasn't close to him at all. We knew each other though. I guess you can say we were friends.

"B-bertholdt? Bertholdt Hoover?" I say as I stare into his soul.

His mouth gapes open and his eyes look terrified. He looked scared and confused. Shouldn't I be the one that is scared and confused? Why is he reacting this way?

"Y-YN.....I-I'm s-so sorry..." He tells me.

"Why were you following me?" I ask him. He looks away, avoiding eye contact with me and begins to twiddle his thumbs. I became impatient and stood up. "Why were you following me?" I ask him sternly and he winces from my tone. "I c-can't say..." He looks away from me. "What do you mean you can't say?" I snap, mocking him. He finally stands up and dusts himself off. "I mean exactly what I say. I'm not at liberty to say a word."

"So you can't tell me why you are stalking me?" I roll my eyes and cross my arms over my chest.

"Yes." He nods his head. How pathetic. What a coward.

"You know I can just call the police? Right?" I try my best to freak him out a little. Maybe he would spill it before I went any further.

His eyes go hard and angry suddenly. I step back in fear and I can tell he is trying to scare me. Sad to say, it was slightly working. Even though I knew Bert couldn't hurt a fly I was still scared. "Don't you dare call the cops." He warns me. "And why should I listen to you?" I sneer at him with a face of disgust.

"If you call the cops then...then...then I will hurt him." He tries to sound confident but fails. "Hurt him?"

"Yes. I will hurt him." He grabs me by the neck and his tone changes and becomes more frightening. My eyes widen in fear and I try to step back, swallowing the lump of fear in my throat. "You hurt him and you won't see tomorrow." I snap at him with anger. "I'll make sure of it."

"Don't call the cops. Don't tell Levi anything. Or else I will send someone who can hurt him. Hurt him very badly..." Bertholdt says and runs way. I didn't bother stopping him. If I told anyone he would hurt Levi. If I called the cops he would hurt Levi. Every way that I try to call for help he will hurt Levi. I jus want to know the reason why he is stalking me.

I speed walk to the apartment, not making eye contact with anyone at all. As I step onto the step that leads to the apartment complex' lobby my phone goes off. Expecting the message to be from Levi I whip out my phone right away. But my heart drops when I see that it wasn't from Levi.

Unknown Number>>

Remember. Don't say a word. Don't tell anyone what happened with you and Bertholdt today. Or else your boyfriend is dead, and maybe those three that are up in the apartment with him.

Me>>

Who I this and what do you want?