Chapter 20~ Levi's Lament

La•ment
/le'ment/
Noun...
Definition- A passionate expression of grief or sorrow
Verb...
Definition- To mourn someone's death

Your POV

I gulp. My face deepens with a dark red. "A d-date?" I stutter on my words. "Yes Ugly Door. A date." Levi replies. I sit there, shocked. "With me?" I point at myself. "No! With Shitty Glasses over there!" (A/N: I Wish) Hanji looks over to us at the mention of her name with a mouth full of ramen. "I HEARD MY NAME!!!!" Hanji yells as she swallows the mass of ramen. "Tch..." Levi clicks his tounge in annoyance. "Wait. Why do you want to go on a date with me?" I ask.
A faint blush creeps onto Levi's face. "Because!" He blurts out. "Levi that's not a reason." I say with a poker face. "Well it is to me. So, your going on a date with me! Okay?!"
"No." I say.
Levi's face drops in annoyance. Kenny blurts out laughing and Levi glares at him. "What?!why?!" Levi yells. "Your not even giving me a reason to go on a date with you." I say.
"And? You don't really need a reason!"
"I'm not just going on a date with you if you don't know why you want to." I fold my arms. "Ugh Troublesome Woman." Levi snaps. "Cry baby." I snap back at him automatically. "Your just asking me because you want to prove to your uncle that your not a little wimp!"

Levi POV

Well that's partially true. But..maybe I do really like you. Tch...

"Yeah! So what?!" I yell. "That's not right!" YN says. "How so? If you were a real friend and a nice fake girlfriend maybe you would understand why I'm telling you to go on a date with me!"
"Whatever." She says.
"Some friend you are..." I say in annoyance. "So I'm not a real friend because I don't want to go on a date with you?! I have a reason that I don't want to go on a date with you!" She points her finger in my face. "Why can't you just be a nice fake girlfriend and go on a date with me!?!" I shout. "Your not being a very nice fake boyfriend!" She walks closer to me. "Well maybe I'm not being a nice fake boyfriend because your so freaking stubborn and need a reason for every single little thing that happens!" I walk closer to her. "I'm not being a nice fake girlfriend? Really Levi!? Look at yourself right now! Your so desperate to go on a date with me yet you won't give me a legitimate reason! That's all I am asking for!" YN throws her arms in the air.
I finally snap and my heart takes over my mouth.
"YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY I WANT TO GO ON A DATE WITH YOU?!"

"..."

"MAYBE YN ITS BECAUSE I WANT TO BE MORE THEN A FAKE BOYFRIEND TO YOU. MAYBE I WANT TO BE MORE THEN A FREAKING ROOMATE AND MAYBE ITS BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO BE JUST A EXCUSE FOR YOU NOT TO GET PICKED ON!!"

Your POV

I take a deep breath in and breath out. Hanji and Erwin are smacking each other because everything seems unreal to them. Kenny and Kuchel are smirking and Mike is just in the comer sniffing the air with a smile on his face.

Levi looks legitimately mad and frustrated at the same time. He's doesn't know what to say anymore.

"Yes." I say.
"Yes? Yes what?!" Levi asks, obviously annoyed. "I will go on a date with you." I say with a smile. "Tch. It's about time you say yes." Levi turns away. "Well that went better then I though it would go." Kenny stands up.
"Shut up old man." Levi snaps and begins to head to the front door to leave. "Levi! We came in a car!" I yell to him. "I'm walking." Levi snaps and walks out of the door, making the bell that is on the top of the door ring a small ring. "Thank you! Come again!" The show owner yells to Levi in a happy manor. I grab my bag and begin to run after Levi. "YN! Not you to!" I hear Hanji pout in annoyance. I open the door with no hesitation and step out of the ramen shop. I look both ways for Levi but I couldn't find him. I didn't know which way to go so I chose in a matter of seconds. I chose right. Luckily, I was correct. I finally see him and he's sitting on the side of a wall, smoking a cigarette. Right then and there I saw something. Something that I never thought I would see. Levi was smoking his cigarette and crying. Yes. He was crying. A small, faint cry that was barely there with a occasionall whimper. Even though it was barely there, it was there. For sure. He didn't notice me though.

Memory-

"Kuchel?" I ask. "Yes YN? What is it?" She smiles. "Has Levi...ever...um...cried?" I ask. Kuchel sighs. "He does cry. But only for one reason. If he ever is going I cry it's going to be for that one reason that has come back to his memory. He always hid it from everyone though." She explains. "Why did he cry? What was that one reason?" I ask. "His friends...his only two friends...they died."
My face went pale and my mouth opened slightly. "What were their names?" I asked.

"Isabel Magnolia and Farlan Church."

End of Memory-

"Levi?" I ask. He turns to me and automatically begins to wipe the tears from his face. "Ugly door. What are you doing here?" He ask with a slight fake laugh. "What's wrong?" I ask, a little nervous. "It's nothing. I just fell and got a lot of dirt in my eyes..."
I go down and sit next to him. "Hey..." I say as I put my hand on his shoulder. I take the cigarette from his hand and place it on the floor. I put it out with my shoe. "Levi..." I say. "What it it...what do you want...". He wipes his face again.

"Just let it all out. Cry." I said in a firm voice. He stares at me for a few second. His breath begins to come in short gasps and small tears prick the sides of his eyes. He lays his head in the crook of my neck and I hold him close. (A/n: please don't complain about Levi being OOC because if you all have seen the No Regrest OVAs then you know that Levi does cry.)
Soft whimpers turn into semi loud sobs. He then begins to speak as he takes my hand in his. "I-I-I-Isabel.....a-a-nd F-f-f-Farlan....". Levi Whimpers. "I know I know...it's ok..." I soothe him. I then notice that he is holding a small bag with little sweets and candies in them. I assumed that it was Isabel's or Farlans. "We...we were just...trying to go to the store...and then...a stupid man was rushing to get to work...he ran the red light and....and...and..." Levi's whimpers turn into angry growls. He was turning his pain into anger. "HE RAN THE RED LIGHT AND HIT THE SIDE OF THE CAR THAT THEY WERE ON! I WAS THE ONE THAT LIVED. THEY HAD A BETTER LIFE TO LIVE. THEY WERE GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL. THEY WERE SMART AND HAD POTENTIAL. YET THEY DIED." Levi stood up and began to pace down the alley way that we were currently in. His hades were currently holding his face as he paced. His back hits the wall once again and he slowly falls down, his back sliding down. "I just miss them...so much." He says. I really did not know what to say other then "im sorry". That's all I could say. "I'm sorry Levi."

"Just stop." He says. "Stop what?" I ask "Everyone needs to stop saying that they are sorry. That's all that everyone said. I get it! Your sorry. And you know what...Isabel and Farlan were bullied so much. They got death threats and people told them to go kill themsleves. But they didn't care...I was the one that got defensive for them. They swiped it off like it was a everyday thing for them, and that's not right. But the minute that they die every single person that told them that they were worthless goes and pretends like they were their friends. They knew nothing about them! Nothing!" Levi yells.

I couldn't say sorry anymore. I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to do.
Levi let's out a deep breath and runs his hands trough his hair.
"Let's just go...". Levi grabs his bag from the floor and starts to walk...I follow.