Chapter 31~ A Change of Heart

Levi POV

"I love you too." I whispered. I stayed in the same exact spot and listened to the argument. I'm nosey, I know. But I don't care.

Your POV

"YN...you don't know what love is..." my father sighs. "Yes I do! And I know that I love Levi!" I stand up for myself. "You're still in high school. All boys want is to sleep with you. That is all he wants from you!" Dad tells me. "You're wrong. If Levi wanted to do something like that he would of pulled something along time ago. But he hasn't. He's had multiple opportunities to try something on me but he hasn't. You don't know him like I do." I defend Levi. "I know enough at boys YN. Why can't you just trust me this one time?"
"I can't trust you because I know 100% that you are wrong about him."

"Like I said before. You don't know what love is." Dad snaps at me. "Yes I do." I reply.

"Love is when you care about someone so much that you would do anything to help them. It's when you get that indescribable feeling in you're heart that makes it warm up when you see that person that you love. You can't even speak when they compliment you because you can't focus on what they are talking about. I know what love is. Even though it's hard to explain...I know that that is what I feel with Levi Ackerman." I finish my statement.

My mom was speechless and my dad was just standing there dumbfounded.

Levi POV

Well I hope she knows that I feel the same way towards her.

I decided to get up and actually leave the complex so that they can actually sort things out between them.

Your POV

"I don't care how much you supposedly love that boy. You are packing your bags right this instant and we are all leaving Trost District." My father hadn't been affected by my small speech. He still has the same mentality no matter what I did.

I was the angriest I had ever been in a long time. I grabbed my phone and my bolted out of the apartment.

"YN!" I heard my mother yell.

The elevator would take to long so I ran down th flights of stairs. "Ughh!! I hate this!" I yelled to myself. I made my way down to the lobby and out the front door. People staring at me down the way (the Gerard way...kill me now). Small tears began to prickle my eyes but I wiped them away before they could escape. As I ran down the streets of Japan I tried to find Levi.

"Levi!!" I shouted throughout the streets. I couldn't see him.

"Oi." I was stopped by a familiar voice. I turned around to see Levi sitting on a chair in front of the corner store. "Levi..." I said. I walked to him and took a seat on the chair that was next to him. "Why did you leave me like that?" I asked him. "I did the right thing. I couldn't stay there with your dad like that." He pulled out a cigarette and ignited it. "Why not?" I asked him. "If I stayed there I wouldn't have the self control to not punch your dad straight in the face." He inhaled some of the nicotine. "But...they are you're parents and ultimately I have to respect them." Levi let out some smoke. "You should respect them too." He told me.

I looked at him and sighed. "I guess you're right." I fiddled with my fingers. "I am right."  He said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. I smile at him and he blinks in response.

Author POV

Right after YN left the apartment looking for Levi. YN's dad had stomped out as well, leaving YN's mom in the apartment to think. He left the apartment to go cool off. Not to go find YN or Levi. Just to cool off after the heated argument. YN's mother wasn't mad. She honestly understood her daughter. She didn't want her daughter to be unhappy and she saw how Levi made her happy. Even though she didn't know Levi that well she felt that he was very trustworthy.

In the end YN's dad was just being a dad. A overprotective, overwhelming, and over sensitive dad. He didn't feel comfortable with his daughter living in a small apartment with a boy. A very handsome and good looking boy as a matter of face. He didn't like it at all. But deep down he also understood how YN was feeling.

YN decided to go home while Levi stayed out of the apartment. Once she got there there was nobody there but her mother.

Your POV

"Mom? Where's dad at?" I asked my mom. "He left somewhere. I'm not sure where though. He will be okay. You're father just needs to cool off." Mom said with her signature smile. I smiled back at her, trying to hide the fact that I was worried about him. "Come on." She gestured to the kitchen. "Huh? Where?" I asked her. "Let's make some sweet dumplings. You're father always gets happy when I make them. They will settle his nerves when he gets back." She takes out the ingredients for the sweet dumplings.

Levi POV

I really didn't know what to do other than walk around the streets of Japan. I wasn't really sure what I was waiting for. Maybe a text from YN saying that I can come back. That's what I was hoping to get. I was also nervous about getting a text that I couldn't come back.

So I decided to go to the ramen shop and try to pass the time by eating. That always works, right?

I opened the door and someone said "Welcome to Evening Star Ramen!" I took a seat at the bar and ordered a regular bowl of ramen with pieces of pork in it. As I was waiting for my food I noticed that someone took a seat next to me. It was none other than Mr. LN. As I glanced over to him I noticed that he was already staring at me. I looked down at the counter and tried my best not to make the situation awkward. "What are you doing here?" He asked me. "I'm just getting some ramen sir." I replied to his question. I then noticed that he had a bottle of sake and a cup next to him. 'So he copes with his problems by drinking?' I though to myself. I saw his eyes follow mine and I noticed that he saw me glancing at the sake bottle. "I know what you're thinking Levi." He spoke up to me. My head shot up as I heard my name. "I'm not an alcoholic. I just enjoy a drink is all. I hardly ever drink actually..." he took a sip of his sake. My bowl of ramen was set in front of me and I told the waiter thank you. "I'm sorry about what I did." The man apologized to me. "About what sir?" I asked him. "About lifting you up by the collar and being rude to you." He told me. "There's no need to apologize sir. You reacted how any other father would have reacted in a situation like that. I should be saying sorry here." I took a bite of my ramen. "Yeah I know. But it was wrong of me to grab you by the collar like that." He said.

I know I was acting really not like myself. But if I really did act like myself I probably would have been on this guys bad side already.

"Let me ask you something Levi." He said. I glanced up at him. "Do you honestly care about my daughter?" He asked me. "Yes sir. I care deeply about you're daughter." I told him. "Because she said that she loves you." I tried to look shocked as if I didn't know. "She said that?" I asked him. "Yes. She defended you to the end." He poured more sake in the small cup. "Now I just want to know if you would defend her if the situation was the other way around?" He asked me. I took another bite of my ramen. "I would." I said shortly.

He let out a big sigh. "If you promise me to protect her, and to look after her I will allow you two to continue living together." He said and my eyes went wide in shock.

"YN is a very smart girl. But she doesn't always use her head. She hides her emotions with a goofy smile and shakes everything off. I need you to be there when she's in trouble. I need you to be there to get her out." He was staring intently at me and I knew that it was hard for him to tell me this.

"I promise. I promise I will look after her." I promised him.

"Thank you Levi. You're a good kid."

"You're welcome sir."

1528 words...

I hope you all liked this chapter. If you did please leave a comment and a vote. I love you all so very much and I'll see you all in the next chapter.

Bye bye my Titans