Revenge

Walking down the hall to breakfast was usually a peaceful act, but of course, today it wasn't. Almost everyone in the Sapphire Owl house was surrounding Ciel, praising him for his work in the dining hall. Even Clayton was there, honoring Ciel for his work. I felt my cheeks heat up. Why did no one ever praise me for cleaning the hall? I felt a twinge of disappointment, feeling rather unappreciated. I tried to be happy for my new roommate but all I could feel was irritation.

I decided to check out the scene myself. I pushed passed some younger boys to get into the dining hall, and behind me out of the corner of my eye I could see Ciel peaking through heads to watch me. As I made way towards the entrance I couldn't help but gasp in awe.

Okay, now I could see why they were so flabbergasted.

The whole dining room looked as if it had been crystallized. The tables were spotless and shining, and there was clean china out on the tables. There were even candles lit, and roses laying across each plate. The floor itself was shimmering, and looked so spotless it was almost as if you could eat off it. Something seemed off, though. This would have taken anyone all night.

But it took him under twenty minutes, at most.

Was I missing something? It usually took me hours to clean the dining hall, let alone add new decor. It was odd, but I decided to brush it off.

"Victor," I heard Ciel's voice behind me and turned around to greet him. "How do you think it looks?" he asked genuinely. My answer was obvious. Was he looking to impress me? He already had. He probably would have impressed the headmaster himself. I decided to give him the satisfaction.

"It looks wonderful, Ciel." I said, smiling softly. He looked full of pride, which was not unusual, but it was as if my comment boosted his ego.

"Thank you. Even Clayton was impressed, and he even took me up on my offer of running some of his errands." Ciel explained, crossing his arms over his chest.

I rose a brow. "So you're going to be his fag?" I asked. Welp, more cleaning duty for me.

"Not quite yet, but it's something I'd like to look forward to!" he exclaimed enthusiastically. There were still a lot of people around, and they smiled at that. I noticed he was acting odd around people. He didn't act this was around myself alone, or back in the dorm. What was he hiding?

After every class there was a period called 'Fag Time.' Usually every day Ciel and I would spend it together, but all throughout today he had been running errands for Clayton. It made me happy that he was gaining popularity with the upperclassmen, but I was upset I was back to being alone. I could have always looked for Joanne, but once again, mingling with different houses was frowned upon. I decided to get a start on my math homework, which I usually finished within minutes.

I decided to get some help. By help, I meant find someone to keep me company. I found myself standing outside of Professor Michaelis' classroom door. Only seconds before a student had walked out. Rumor had it he was extremely skilled at helping students understand their homework. I knocked thrice on the large wooden door in front of me before opening it and peaking inside.

"Hello Ashdown." Mr. Michaelis said, a smile spreading on his lips. "Please, take a seat. What can I do for you?"

I set my books on the table. In reality, I didn't care about math, but it was nice to have some sort of company. Even if it was only professional. "I just need help with my math homework." I stated. "I'm really stumped on this section." I said, rubbing the back of my head. I was a bad liar when it came to anything but my gender.

"Alright then." he said, lightheartedly. He opened the page to the exact one I needed, which I had found odd. It was like he already knew which section it was. Professor Michaelis was truly superhuman.