Ch. 13: Tea Party

Victoria's POV

"What? That doesn't even make sense..." I said, eyes wide. Did the headmaster know? Why else would it be addressed to Victoria and not Victor?

"I think there's something more to this..." Ciel muttered under his breath, looking over the invite.

I stayed quiet, unable to muster words. How long had he known? Did the prefects know?

How long had my secret been revealed without me knowing?

Finally able to think, I broke the silence. "When is it?"

Ciel looked at me, a look on his face that I couldn't quite place. "At midnight."

------------------

The headmaster's office was everything I expected it to be. Tall ceilings, a large clock, a neat desk...

The party was being hosted outside the back office door in a private courtyard. "Are you sure I'm supposed to be here?" I whispered gently. I felt off, like I didn't belong there. The prefects and their fags would be there too. I couldn't allow them to know my secret.

"You wouldn't have gotten an invitation if you weren't supposed to." Ciel said, and I nodded quietly. He was right, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something awful was going to happen.

Making our way through to the courtyard, I stood in surprise as Ciel and I were met with a group of familiar faces at the table.

"Victor?" Joanne said, eyes wide. I was just as surprised to see him, but then I remembered, he was Redmond's new fag.

The headmaster sat silently, a grin plastered on his face. He wore a top hat which was so large it covered his eyes, but his lips were still so easily seen.

Bluer clapped his hands together once. "It's so nice of you to join us, finally. Please take a seat."

Gregory Violet nodded once in agreement.

I wanted to ask why I was here. Ciel I could understand, he was the whole reason the blue team rose to victory. I finally mustered the courage; "Erm... pardon if I sound rude, but why am I here?"

The prefects let out a laugh. Greenhill spoke up. "It's not every day a girl disguises herself as a boy to stay in Weston, let alone save a player from harm while she's dressed like a girl."

My whole body froze and my face turned red.
Ciel looked at me in surprise, trying hard to cover it. How long had they known? Was it some sort of sick game they were all playing on me?

"WHAT?! Ciel you're letting a girl sleep in your dorm!" Edward yelled hysterically. "And my poor sister isn't even aware!"

"Calm yourself, Edward." Ciel said, letting out a deep sigh. "Victoria is nothing but an acquaintance."

The words stung a bit, but I knew it was for the best that he was lying. I nodded firmly in agreement.

Ciel spoke once again; "Now, there's something I've been meaning to ask for a while."

"On with it, boy." Bluer said, curious as to what Ciel was going to ask. I sat uncomfortably in my seat. How were they so nonchalant? I felt like I was going to have a panic attack over the fact they knew my identity for so long.

"I've been rather upset about my friend and I'm curious to what happened to him..." Ciel sighed gently. "He just seemed to disappear one day." His voice was somber, but knowing him it was all an act. I rose an eyebrow in curiosity. Who was he referring to?