05

Lee Jieun

I was now standing under the scorching sun, waiting for the principal to call out my name.

"Congratulations", suddenly someone said beside me, flashing a smile.

"Thank you, Soojung Sunbae,"

"congrats for you too sunbae..",I smiled as I proceeded to bow to her.

"Lee jieun, congratulations!" The principal finally called out my name not long after that.

I moved hesitantly to the front, carefully taking the principal's report papers.

"I'd like to announce that this student, Lee Jieun..won first place in the junior course and was named as one of Busan high school best stude—

The principal abruptly came to a halt when the engine of a motorcycle, which could be heard from the school gate, interrupted his remarks.

Squelching can also be heard from the audience as all of the students began to whisper to one another.

"Isn't that the new student?"

"I heard he's a great fighter...his father also owns one of Seoul's biggest companies."

"He's from Seoul...woaaahh, he's got to be wealthy."

"Oh my godd, he's so handsome!!"

I turned to face the throng, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"QUIETT THERE!", Mr Kim, the disciplinary teacher, yelled with ruler in his hand.

Meanwhile, I had locked my gaze on the boy and was scrutinizing him from head to toe.

He carefully detaches his leg from his motorcycle, causing the girls in the crowd to squeal with delight.

But as soon as he removed his helmet, my eyes widened in surprise.

"What is that crazy guy doing here?" I muttered to myself, half-shouting.

Jeon Jungkook

"Aishh, Busan is nothing..what type of school is this?" He murmured quietly.

Mr Kim took out his ruler, "yah you..."

"Who told you to ride your motorcycle to school,huh?"

Jungkook bent his head a little, "I have a license." he answered nonchalantly.

"Even if you're from Seoul, do you have to bring your motorcycle to school? It's your first day yet you already break one of the rules."

Mr Kim sighed and rubbed his temples, "Now..just give me your previous report sheets."

Jungkook hesitates to hand over his report sheets to him and once he did, Mr Kim only let out a small chuckle.

"89 escaped, 102 detention...and woaah, what did you learn in Seoul at the time? Out of 236 students, you got number 234?"

Jungkook returned with his eyes closed, embarrassed. However, their chat was cut short as the door was suddenly knocked on.

"sasaengnim...I've already counted the marks on these sheets, and everything is correct."

"Oh right, jieun, thank you very much, indeed the best student and the pride of our school!"

"what?—jieun?" Jungkook asked to himself before swiftly turning his head to the back.

"It's you, Lee Jieun,",he whispered to himself.

"what are you looking at?!", Mr Kim spoke up out of nowhere, lightly tapping Jungkook with his ruler.

"Listen up, you little boy, you're no longer in Seoul, therefore you'd better stick to the rules!"

"Yes..Mr. Kim," jungkook replied.

"You may dismissed now"

Once Mr kim leave the room, I finally took a quick glance at him, holding my laughter.

Jungkook sighed after clenching his teeth.

"234th place out of 236th place?", I said nonchalantly before walking away from him.

"What?Is it really that bad? There are at least two students below me!"

———-