08

Flashback

"Lee jieun!!" said the 6-year-old jungkook, who was bawling.

"You want your diary back, don't you?come and catch me then!!" I screamed as I dashed to the backyard.

"I'm going to tell my mother!" He sulked.

"Go tell them, I'm not afraid," I said as I went up the tree and sat on one of the limbs.

"Get back down here!!"

"You go up here," I said, smirking since I knew he couldn't climb.

Jungkook clenched his teeth, "I'm going to tell your mother!

"You'd better stay put! and...I...I...hate you!", He yelled and stomped away from me.

"Coward," I chuckled softly, pulling the pen from his diary. I cautiously raised my hand to the trees, delicately scribbling something on them with a smile pasted on my face.

end of the flashback

While sitting on the same tree, on the same branch, I abruptly snapped out of my thought and slowly switched my eyes to my right.

Even though it's been a long time, I can still make out the words I scratched back then.

I grinned as I gently caressed the place.

When the flashback began to play in my head, I sighed and began zooming out again.

flashback

Jungkook stealthily dragged my hand to my backyard after the talk that night.

"What's the matter with you?"

"Listen here..you have to do it, no matter what..only you can change my father's mind," jungkook stated.

"I don't want to do it"

He exhaled helplessly and placed his hand on both of my shoulders, pleading, "Please..."

"..please..help me for this one time only.."

end of the flashback

I rubbed my fingers together and knitted my brows, hesitant to knock on the door.

"Should I go ahead and do it? Should I just leave?"

"No no,yes I can do it," I muttered, closing my eyes while inhaling the large amount of air.

I was going to knock on the door when it suddenly opened wide, exposing Mr Jeon's surprised expression.

"Oh—What are you doing here, Jieun?" he inquired.

"abeoji.." I replied quietly, smiling.

"I'd like to talk with you"

"Oh, really? Come in",He responded, welcoming.

I bowed a little more and followed him into his office.

"Waaaaa, how fortunate I am to have a soon-to-be daughter-in-law visit me here," he added, beaming as he sipped his coffee.

I swallowed, feeling remorseful.

"Umm, abeoji..actually.."

I came to a halt; I'm not sure why, but I've lost my ability to talk.

"What exactly is it?" ,Mr. Jeon inquired quietly.

"Actually, I'm not interested in getting married—

"I'm not going to talk about that if you're here to talk about—

"Abeoji..", I fearlessly cut him.

When he glanced at me, his frown gradually disappeared and his eyes softened.

"Did Jungkook asked you to come here?"

"No..",I lied.

Mr. Jeon nodded, but he knew deep inside that his son was the mastermind behind everything.

"Why you don't want to marry him?"

"It's not like I don't want to marry him," I said and pursed my lips, "I want to marry him because I like him ; but not because of this arranged marriage.."

Mr. Jeon swallowed his saliva and gazed at me with loving eyes.

"jieun-ah..you knew I treated you like my own daughter all this time, right?"

"I want you to marry my son, Jeon Jungkook, and become my daughter."

"You know him yourself right?..only you can change him."

"only you can do that for him.."

"marry him jieun-ah"