01

Lee Jieun

I gently chewed my breakfast while furrowing my brows, staring out the wide window outside.

"Have we got a new neighbor?" I inquired out of nowhere.

"where? haven't we?" My mother inquired, her back to the window, which revealed a stack of boxes in front of their house.

"I suppose so,"

"Oh you're right,in that case then..jieun-ah, before I forget," she added as she walked away from the dining area and into the kitchen.

"what that is?"

"Can you assist me offer this to our new neighbor?" she enquired.

"what time is it now? but, mom..I'm going to be late for class."

"Just give it..it won't take long love," she pleaded once more, shoving the container in front of me.

"Fine," I murmured as I glanced at my wristwatch.

"hello?"

"Is there anyone there?" I screamed as I rang the doorbell, sweat streaming down my brow, and it had been ten minutes since I stood in front of the door.

I frowned, glancing at the boxes that had been arranged on the table.

"I'm sure there's someone inside." I grumbled—this time I tried to knock on the door, but only managed to get it to open slightly.

My voice echoed around the empty house as I hesitantly twisted the door knob,"hello?"

I crept softly into the living room and took a look around.

"Did a robber break into this house or something?"

I placed the container on the table,"if I placed it here..they would notice it rig—

"Is that the maid?" a man's voice asks from upstairs.

Oh, shot, my eyes grew in size.

Without wasting any time, I dashed to the main door, completely oblivious to the large package in front of me.

"OUChhh," I grumbled as I rubbed my elbow.

"HEY! WHO ARE YOU?!"

I looked up to see him only with his towel wrapped around his waist, as the voice shouted.

"I'm one of your neighbors, and I came here to present something from my mother, and I didn't realize anyone was here, and I thought someone had just broken into this house—-" I swallowed. I came to a halt as I spotted his puzzled expression on his face.

I hastily averted eye contact, "I'm sorry, but I have to leave now."

I heard him chuckle before he grasped my wrist with both hands.

"do I know you? you seems familiar to me.."

-------

tell me if its good or not :))