46. What's the meaning of it?

(A/N This chapter was missing its ending nearly for a year... I'm still not fully statisfield with the outcome but here it is.)

Astrid's POV

It's the first meeting since the Race.

I wonder how it goes now.

Heather told me to wait for Hiccup, we will have the training in the afternoon so I don't have to worry about it.

I was playing fetch with my dragons, it was fun to watch their competition! Except the twins who tried to be sneaky, failed miserably, and tried to approach my famous dragon.

I think now I understand how Hiccup feels, with Toothless on his side... everyone is surprised to see a nightfury.

I signed to my drakes, and they captured them. They were shouting from the top of their lungs, moreover they clearly enjoyed it. Like I expected. They dropped them, and we laughed.

It was nearly noon when finally the enormous doors opened. Hiccup literally flew out, with an impressive spin and shouted.

*Hiccup* - WHUHUUUUUU!

I waved at him, and when he spotted me, he literally jumped down. What the...

Right onto me! We rolled his fall out, when we finally stopped, I felt dizzy, than Toothless dove for us, and pushed us over again.

- Hehe. Let me guess, it went well?

*Hiccup* - Am I that easy to read?

- You literally jumped on me.

*Hiccup* - Guess what happened.

- Our alliance is sealed?

*Hiccup* - Not yet. But they liked the yesterday, and got more friendly! The chief said he wants to sleep on our deal, I believe tomorrow we finally will seal it!

- That's great!

*Hiccup* - Indeed!

He was purely happy, that I only see when he is with his dragon friends, he barely show this when he is with his human friends. Or I hadn't had chance to see it.

I watched him jumping in circles with Toothless.

He really feel more comfortable with dragons around... Trouble poked my back to get me back from daydream, and we fly to the great infinity and beyond...

~ Next day ~

Hiccup's POV

Pfu I'm so hangover. It was a great party yesterday, and this was a real party not like on the first day, it was a party-party... with the Berkians!

Since we basically now in alliance they let us into the Main Hall, where the inhabitants could freely come to us with their questions, but many of them just wanted to touch the mighty night fury.

Fishleg's family is traditional, they don't really appreciate the sweet gronkle, but when they saw how much they like each other, they softened. It's a nice reunion. After all they assumed he is dead for some reason, I don't get why vikings assume me so blood-handed.

I walked up to them, and bowed a bit.

- It's a honour to have Fishleg on my side. He is really smart, and helped a lot with experimenting, it made more easier to live alongside dragons.

The little sweet speech caught him off guard, and couldn't say a word, but I managed to have a few words with his parents.

Moreover I could catch my father to a pip-talk, I wanted him to interact with Toothless, which more or less happened. He petted his face happily, until he switched his expression into a darker one. He excused and fled from us.