12. We need food

Hiccup's POV

- Hey bud. This one looks fine.

We dived through the clouds, the drops of the rain were covering us, and our sight was as limited as before, now because of the heavy rain, only the little green spots down showed us where our destination is located.

Wings were closed, and we fell down into the unknown depth with high speed, even I heard the nightfury's characteristic screech when I ducked down to his back for more comfort and speed.

I felt him shift a little, I already knew what he meant, in moments I got to change his tail fin, but I'd do it by instinct by now. We moved in full sync and get some more height back, now we had a good look at the island.

We kept our speed, as we flew over the little forest straight to the small mountain, hoping for some caves for shelter.

We saw it at the exact same time, Toothless opened his wings which caused us to slow down radically than we landed perfectly at the entrance, I jumped down and tried to get rid of my soaking wet clothes.

I shivered from cold even without my wet stuff, but my friend was already curled around me, I accepted his attempt to warm me up. He grabbed me which caused me to fall on him, he hugged me closed as he rolled on his back and closed his wings on me.

- Can you here that?

- Yes. I missed that calmness.

- Me too. It was a golden idea to run away from the crowd.

- Yeah.

Both of us sighed, and just enjoyed the moment.

And it was only a moment.

- What are you doing in MY cave?!

Judged by the accent It must be a deadly nadder... but my bud didn't let me go, he just spoke up.

- Just taking shelter from the rain. If it yours, why were you out in this forsaken time?

- I like fly in the rain, but get lost. It's mine!

- Can we stay until the storm is over? 

- ... we? 

- Yeah, um I'm here too! Under the wings.

- Whaaa...?

My huge blankets were unfold. Now I could see her features, a young female, in blue and yellow colors. She leaped back in her surprise, I don't think she was expecting me, she almost fell down, but with few flaps  she regained her balance and now she opened her wings and raised her tail and spikes in defense, aaaand her growl wasn't nice either.

- Don't growl at him! 

Now Toothless was showing his teeth, and firmly hugged me to his stomach, and half covered with his wings.

- Easy girl! I'm not going to hurt you!

- GRRRR!

- DON'T GROWL AT HIM!

- How can you stand to be near a human?!

Now he finally let me go, while he was sheltering me from the danger, nobody should mess with a dragon which scared, ready for fight, and wants to kill you. Different story than a dragon which only scared and fight ready... so I just listened the endless argument.

- He isn't any human! HE is my friend, and you threatening him! STOP THAT!

- Your friend?