42. Spending time1

Hiccup's POV

After few other disagreement, Gem came to us, informing us the meal is ready. Thanks Thor, finally! We immediately took off and flew straight there.

They found a nice great place I have to admit. It's a bit away from the village and still in sight. Everyone was sitting in a circle, I suppose the dragons have already eaten. I jumped off, than Toothless went for his well deserved pack of fish.

I joined the riders, there were different type of meals ready. Fish soup, sushi, grilled fish, few of them were still cooking fish on a stick, on one of Gem's nightmare.

*Eret* - Sup Night? Heather told me it's rough.

- Oh, why would it be? They are hunting dragon for generation... it's easy to show them.

*Eret* - Here's a plate, eat something, you'll need your strength.

- Indeed.

I got some soup for myself, and sat down to the ground. I enjoyed their company very much, they joked around a lot... while everyone kept an eye out at the Berkians.

They were curious, and always found something to do, AROUND us.

After the meal I grabbed some sushi for snack I went to interact with our dragons. Sometime it's good to play with each of them... and it was good to move more actively, after all I've been sitting all day!

The others weren't as comfortable with being watch, maybe I don't bother myself since I know them. I helped Astrid with a few exercise so she could train with her dragons.

Let's change plans.

Only I go in, the others try to convince the others, the dragons are not harmful.

I told my new plan to the team, they didn't like it but I didn't care. At least Fishleg and Astrid can practice and don't suffer in the meeting. I said my goodbyes, than went back to the Main Hall where were only a few person.

The meeting continued... we stared each other without saying any word. Nobody wished to start the argument.

- ... I feel like we are not getting anywhere by talking. 

*Gobber* - Agreed. What do you suggest than?

- I dunno. - I crossed my arms and leaned back. -  I mean is there any reason why you don't listen to me at all? I know it's a tradition here, the dragon killing, but is there more to it? Or you already decided you won't listen? If so than there was no point for me to come here.

They said nothing. I see. I sighed as I stood up and started to put on my stuff.

- I thought seeing few member of your tribe here, even if they are considered being traitor, but seeing them on a dragon will help to consider this change. I'm not so sure anymore. Leastways, I think we should call for a day. Tomorrow I want answer: is there any point of this meeting or it's just waste of time.

With that my cloak was already on, as I spun around I let it fly. Toothless looked at them than at me, shrugged and followed me out.

- I'm sick of it. Shall we fly?

*Toothless* - OF COURSE!

He roared, which caused the villagers to jump, I snickered at their reactions. I petted his head than we took off.

We were having fun, the time just flew by! It was already getting dark!

We turned back to Berk.

It's still so nostalgic!

We landed near to our camp, there were barely any dragon the others went into the forest not so long ago, I've seen them in the air.