22. Hiding and hidden

(A/N I had quite a problem with this ch, I wanted to write sososo much, but I felt it was too dry and boring. Sooo I erased a few pointless part...)

Astrid's POV

Now it's my daily routine to have a peek on how the strange pair doing... and for my surprise the night fury became more and more friendlier to me, each time I visited them in secret he was more and more pleased with my presence. I wish I could understand him as he understand me! I have so many questions!

In the first few days Toothless didn't leave his rider's side... and I started to worry for his health. Once I could steal a few fish, which isn't so easy when we are lack on food, but I brought him a few.

I'm glad I did.

He ate them like he wasn't eatin for weeks and now thinking about it maybe he is starving for a week now.

- Hey, big boy. Can you get food for yourself? You'll just weaken yourself if you don't eat enough.

He looked at me challenging. I sighed.

- We are lack on food, I can't bring you more.... oh, you just don't want to leave his side, right?

He looked away.

- Look, now I have a bit of spare time, I can look after him until you find something for yourself, just be quick.

He looked at me with doubts.

- Gothi said he won't be up for a few day anyway. Come on. I'll be here.

He stood up, ducked his head under my palm than he walked down, without any sound.

I was alone with the Rider.

His chest moved steady up and down, I see why Toothless is calmer... his breath become more pieceful than it was before.

However.... there's one thing, I can't place. Why he is so familiar to me? ... but there's noone who I could assosiate him with.

Someone poked my back...

- Hi Toothless. Had a good meal?

He nodded and as he learnt nothing changed he lay down again.

- Soon they'll search for me, I must go. I'll be back.

He probably heard it but didn't take an effort to look like he did.

I got used to it.

~ Tomorrow ~

It's barely past noon, but I'm already mad. Fuuuuuuu. I wish there wasn't only two girl at my age! And I wasn't one of these two! The boys, I do NOT call them even men, all the time want to hang out with us, and try to look cool which is annoying! I could hang out with Fishleg, he is okay, but I can't think about him as a male! Good friend, nothing more. But Snotlout?! Fuuuu...

I've just escaped from them, and I was deeply thinking about a hiding place when I found myself in the doorway of Gothi. I was about to leave when I heard the "searching party's" shouts. I made sure they did not see me, and with a quick hello to Gothi I've gone up.

Toothless was lying on the ground, sleeping peacefully next to his rider, when his ears  perked up, he raised his head and looked at me.

Um yes, I always came when it's dark outside, but now I didn't have much choice.

- Hi. Don't worry! Nothing went wrong so far, but I needed to cool my head down.

He sat up and looked at me with curiosity. I kept my volume down, but I started to talk and talk and talk and talk. I needed to talk it out.

I don't know how much time has passed but I felt so much better... I could talk about it to someone, and this feeling is amazing. I know he won't tell to anyone, and moreover he is a good listener. So it's became kinda a new daily routie. Some time, daytime I visit him and I tell him the news.

I knew he wasn't interested in what I'm saying, and he probably listened because out of boredrom, he has to stay there all day(!) after all, but as far as he listens I don't care.

Once when I was there and talked about my daily problems the Rider's fingers moved! Of course Toothless saw it first, he quickly shoved his head to the searching hand, which calmed down as soon as it was placed on the dragon's nostrils. The Rider whispered on horse voice "Tooth-less" and a weakly smiled. He barely moved his eyelids, I doubt he could see anything yet, but he petted his dragons head before falling back to unconsciousness.

We remained silent afterwards. The moment was deep, I knew I have no right to flood my problems to Toothless, he is worried enough... I'm worried too but my problems seems a bit smaller this time. At least. I sighed, and apologize him for being a burden... and slapped me. 

I blinked like an idiot, and for my surprise he left his partner's side, he looked unsure, with his gloomy mouth he grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the bed. He lay down, I dragged me down to the floor too, now he was between us, and covered both of us with his wings... it's a kind of hug? Dragon hug?... it's kind of comforting... I hugged his leg like a pillow.

- Thank you.

He grumbled happily. 

I wouldn't have guessed my best friend will be a dragon...

(A/N Okay. Really short. It's really really short, but I hope more enjoyable...? I'm really hope so.
Btw, I'm tring hard to not use OC-s, I really want to stick with the characters from the original, there's plenty of them, so yeah. I dunno why I wrote it down, but I wanted to tell xD)