19. War

(A/N Okay... now it's annoying. I know it's probably my phone don't want to work property, but it hardly ever shows when I published a ch. It doesn't matter. But now, I looked at the previous chapter, where I couldn't see my latest version but one of the old one! And I don't know if those who reading it, which version are reading xD if it looks unfinished or there's a tons of space in the end or in the middle it means it's not the final version, and I'll probably find the the problem and correct it... I'm sorry.)

Astrid's POV

Since that day I can't stop wondering about it. I often find myself staring to the far distance, hoping that I might spot the fantastic duo for an another moment.

Since that flight I can't fight with them normally. I usually just scare them off, when someone asks me why not, I'm just telling I'm not in the mood... and I don't even lie with that.

Fishleg is having some problems too... he doesn't really concentrating on the fight, trys to be out of the way all the time, while he is examining the attackers who does not care about him because it looks like he is not a threat... especially when someone else is going for their neck.

Fishleg's POV

I tried my best to learn from the Rider.

For example he said they won't attack unless they feel threatened.

I went into the woods all the time to find dragons, but there wasn't any! So I had to watch them during the raids, where they are just beasts... but why they weren't with the Rider? And why they weren't with us days ago?

No matter how hard I tried, I had no success in the wilderness.

We captured a few, days ago, I knew that's my best bet right now. I asked Gobber to give me the responsibility of feeding them, "because I want learn more about their eating habits".
Aaand there wasn't much of a progress either. However they are not growling at me when I arrive, and accepted my presence while they are eating. They probably don't like me because I was with those who captured them... but with the gronckel I think I have a better relationship. The Rider's gronckel was eating a lots of rock so I brought some which he (or she!) gladly accepted... and let me touch his/her skin.

Yeah. They are not going for our head... at least I want to believe it. My Meatlug was way too nice for that!

It's morning again, and on my way I spotted Astrid staring to the horizon. I shook my head. She isn't telling me everything, and she changed since the flying incident. I often catch her zoned out (like now). If I have to guess the same war is going on in her head as in mine. The same war between two truth, the tradition and our experience.

...

I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Hiccup's POV

Again, I'm in front of a huge branch of overgrown and not so overgrown reptile... I didn't want to make such a big deal about this... but now the whole island is watching me. I sighed.

- So... the plan is done. I just wanted announce we ARE going back and end it once and for all. - I've never seen dragons to be so quite before - We're going to scare everyone out first, there's already many victims of the case I don't want more. Than Toothless and I will handle that monster. There's no more talking!

The dragons roared in union... and is it acclaim? Yes, it is... and more? Are they cheering... me?

I sighed. I still can't get used to it. Sometimes I... who am I lying to? I never play my role! Toothless headbutted me, and gestured toward the cheering crowd...  Yes, I am the leader. I should start to act like one.