08. Preparation

This is my big-big day.

Today I will tell the dragons my big-big plan.

Now we are standing on top of our "little" mountain, taking a deep breath from the chilly morning air than Toothless let out a roar. One of the deafening one.

Soon dragons appeared from everywhere... beneath us, under our cave, in the fortress that I built during the years was filled with various types of dragons. They were literally everywhere, in the middle where was nothing else, on the walls, on the temporary nests, in the house like buildings, on the further trees... everywhere. And what is scarier? I know for sure, didn't come everyone.

I jumped on my partner (in crime) and we flew downer, to my forge, it's floor was as high as the highest point of the fortress.

Uncountable curious eyes were on us. I should really start...

- Good morning. I choose this early morning for an announcement because the nocturnals are still awake, and those who wake with sunlight are waking up. I want you to know, today I will fly away with Toothless, and I'm going to speak with the Queen.

- ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

The changewing brothers screamed in union, than every dragon started to say their opinion, which caused such a lurry... I couldn't understand any of them!

- Calm down guys! I've already made up my mind, I'm going.

- It's suicidal!

- So it was told when I befriended with a dragon. Especially since the nigth furries were my old flock's most feared enemy.

Everyone was quiet. Good.

- Toothless, any words?

- Yeah. We all know that, youngsters can't be controlled by any alpha. If everyone agrees, we would like to bring two of them, who is determind and still aren't adults. It's a shame they have to be so young, but we need someone to watch our back and in the end If I can't resist to the Queen's order, we need someone who will bring back Hiccup.

Deadly calm. I hope they aren't mad at us, asking them to let their hatchlings to go on a such dangerous quest. But I have no other choice, Toothless won't bring me there untill he makes sure I WILL arrive home safely... and there's no other dragon who would fly there willingly.

Around fifty dragon flew up. Great. They are done with this and flying away.

I thought. I was wrong.

They started to BEGGING to be chosen. I just stood there speechlessly. Fast, I regained my consousness and I thought about some type of methods about how should I choose my two other companion. We need a fast and agile one, other things don't matter currently, and we must choose from the younger ones. We dismissed the meeting, but many of them stayed near to our home.

Unlike we planned, we had to delay our little chat with the Queen to the next day. It's a shame because I wanted to get over it as soon as we tell them. We spent almost the whole day with the volunteers, after countless argument we decided by a thunderdrum and a monsterous nigthmare. However we had to explain our plans, I have to ride them, so they get used to my weight, teach them a few Nordic word for small important talks like: "Come get me.", "Save yourself", "Get their attention.", "Escape.", "Run.", "To right." "To left.", "Up." "Down.", "Follow."... they are handy when we get attacked and its possible we might run into Berk's ships...argghhh there's sooo many ifs!

- Everything is fiiiiiine!

Toothless purred and nudged my side with his head.

- I know bud... I know...

- Than whats the matter?

I sighed and jumped of from the branch I was sitting on thou he didn't take his yellow eyes off me.

- We might run into my old family.

- Oh. I didn't think about it.... thou I don't know why you are nervous about them. You'll have your suit on, and if they do attack us, we can handle it. They are not worse than Alvis'.

- You've got the point but still. I'm concerned.

- I see... but I think you are just overreacting.

- Maybe you are right.

- I'm always right!! By the way I'll meet you at the cave, I promised to visit the elders.

- Okay. See you than.

As soon as he left I heard noises from behind I turned around and reflexibly put my hands up in a defending position.

- Chill bro.

- We are not in the mood.

- Yeah. Not really.

- Why?

- You shouldn't go, but you already made up your mind.

- We are afraid something may happens to you.

- I'll be fine.

- Sure...

- Just... can we stay at your place?

- Like the old times.

- Of course, but the kids are staying too if its not a problem.

- 'course. Are you coming? You should have a long rest before it. You'll need it!

- Okay! Okay! Everybody is so nervous. It's not like I'm going to die!

- You can't know.

- I've been there once.

- Means nothing.

- Come on, let's go!

With that, they grabbed me we flew above the trees right to my home. They placed me down unusually gently, than they were circling and pretending to do something (useful?). They must be more excited about this journey than me!

On the guest bed the two kids were sleeping, so I walked to my bed, and I pulled out some leather rug and placed next to my bed. I took a piece of fish as a nightsnack and when I turned around, the brothers were already curled up on the carpet. Before I managed to reach my bed Toothless flew in and jumped on his place, he heated it and in the end of his proccess I had got in the bed too. After making myself comfortable I "petted" my "brothers" than I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning, we left very soon with Toothless, Torch, and Whisper, um yeah... and with a dragon flock at our tail. They came to wish luck and say goodbye... but neither of them said anything, everyone was unusually quiet, however neither of them were calm. We didn't even bother to do some tricks like we used to, until they turned back, and four of us remained. When they were out of their sigth we did a spin in the air, enjoying being not seen, thou I felt Toothless was so so nervous. I don't blame him. To my surprise the kids were talking freely like it was their biggest adventure... I guess it is...?

After a few hour flight and lots of rest for the shake of youngsters we finally reached the well-known fog.

- Now we have to be careful. I hope nothing bad will happen, but just in case... like we discussed the plan. Whisper, you will follow close behind, Torch stay in the mist until we give a signal. Understood?

- Yes!

- Yes... but why can't I must stay hidden? It's so uncool!

- Not cool?! You are the most important! You make sure everything goes as it planned!

- Ohhh! Than olay!

We slalomed through the rocks, reaching the deserted like island, safely. Now the dangerous part.

We entered.

Toothless roared.