Flowers

You walked through the fairground with your best friend, both dressed in shorts and a t-shirt on this hot summer day. Together you wandered through booths of fruit and vegetables, looking at the savory treats.

"I'm in desperate need of chocolate." Your friend said abruptly, giving you a look. You rolled your eyes, smiling, and did a u-turn.

"There were chocolate covered strawberries down that way, the booth with the balloons. I'll stay here while you get some?" Your friend spotted the telltale balloons and grinned.

"Back in a flash!" They disappeared swiftly into the crowd and you chuckled, turning to see the booths around you. To your right was yet another vegetable cart, but on your left was a cart bursting with flowers. You went closer and saw something that you did not expect.

Your crush popped up from under a table, large purple flower tucked behind his ear, holding a bushel of Queen Anne's' Lace. He went up to the woman at the counter and handed them off, but froze.

You had made eye contact. His eyes went wide and he quickly snatched the flower off of his head, gesturing you over quickly. You obliged (not that you were complaining) and went over, placing your hands on the counter and cocking an eyebrow at him.

"I needed a summer job and this pays surprisingly well." He said immediately, face flushed but grin intact. You smiled too, but he didn't seem convinced.

"I don't want my friends bothering me here all summer so you have to keep this a secret, ok?"

"Whatever you say." You responded easily. He seemed a bit surprised, but the suspicion was still there.

    "Tell you what. This place is open every Saturday, same spot, so come whenever and I'll give you flowers every time, free of charge."

    "Seriously?"

    "Dead serious."

    He kept his word. Every Saturday that you could go you went, gaining not only a butt load of pretty and reeeally good smelling flowers, but also quality time with him. It wasn't until the last Saturday of the summer that he finally got to the point.

    "So....Y/N...." he began, handing you a single red flower, "how's your summer been? Any highlight? Romances?"

    "Saturday's have been pretty great." You responded, giving him a sarcastic wink. He grinned.

    "Oh yeah? What's been so great about them?"

    "Well every Saturday I'd get free flowers from a cu-"

    "Did you almost call me cute-"

    "Nope. No." Your face was already flushed red as a baked lobster and you couldn't meet his gaze. He slid over the counter deftly, standing beside you. He poked your hand and you smacked his away, making both of you chuckle enough that you could look at him again.

    He was grinning from ear to ear. No, not grinning. Beaming.

    "Well I think you're cute so you'll just have to deal with that I guess. Unless you'd like to do something about it and go out with me."

    "Seriously?"

    "Dead serious."

Thanks for 100K reads guys, it's been a blast. Wattpad and all of you have helped me learn so much about who I am, so thanks again. Have a great summer!