Closet Gamer

The one night you decide to go to a party. The one night in forever, and he's here. Your crush. He was leaning up against the side of the house as you went in, too surrounded in friends for him to even notice you in the crowd.

Now it was only an hour later, and you sat on the couch in the basement watching all the guys play Super Smash Bros and fail epically, making you cringe. These guys suck!

Alright, that is it! You've had enough of just watching guys fail at your favorite game, so you snatch up a controller. You choose Charizard as your character, knowing his moves the best out of everyone.

And guess what? You beat everyone within four minutes! The guys looked at you with admiration that you didn't even notice as you went into complete gamer mode. You continued to win until all of a sudden, someone beat you using Ike! You frowned and looked around for the gamer who beat you.

C/N stood up and moved from his spot on the floor, holding his controller in his hands, then walked over and plopped onto the couch next to you.

"Y/N, you were playing as Charizard, right? I haven't had to work that hard to win in forever!" You raised your eyebrows in surprise.

"You were Ike?" You asked incredulously.

"Super Smash Bros is my secret obsession, you're actually the only person here that knows about this now." He wiggles his eyebrows and you laugh.

"Ready to lose, or are you going to keep distracting me?" You ask, and he puts a hand over his heart in mock shock.

"Is this a challenge?" He asks with a twinkle in his eyes and a smirk on his lips.

"It sure as heck is." You reply. The rest of the party was pretty much you two fighting for long minutes, you refusing to let him win and him refusing to lose. Eventually one of you let the other win, but honestly?

This was the night he fell in love with you forever.