Leaving The Boring Play

You slouch in your seat, letting the sound of the piano block your mind of all else.

SCREECH!

You jolt up, looking around to see who saw your terror at the violins beginning to play. You sighed in relief and slouched back into your seat. Your parent had dragged you to a community play, but what she hadn't told you was that it was Romeo and Juliet preformed by kindergarteners. Not only that, but it was a musical as well.

    You struggled not to scream as little Romeo came onstage, stammering through his lines with a lisp and hair that you were sure the 80s wanted back. It was so horrible that you struggled to hold back a laugh.

Apparently not everyone's self control was as good as yours, because in the seat across the isle from you came a snort and a muffled laugh. You turned to see him.

Oh my dear God was he gorgeous. His perfect hair, those lips, the way his eyes showed his laugher just as well as his mouth did. You'd had a crush on this boy forever, and here he was right across from you and you never even noticed. But right now, you were pretty sure he was about to embarrass himself in front of everyone by screeching with wild laughter.

So you ran. Not literally, but nearly. You got out of your seat and made eye contact, pointing to the exit and mouthing 'come on'. His eyes widen and he jumps up, joining you in escaping the torturous play.

    You burst out of the doors and he hurries over to the nearest bench in the foyer as you shut the doors quickly. You joined him in the bench and giggles as he laughed his brains out. It was three whole minutes later when he finally sat up, rubbing his eyes and chuckling.

    "Thanks for the save Y/N. I probably would've exploded if I spend another second watching that." Your eyebrows go up and you grin. He knows your name. This bundle of hot goodness knows your name.

    "No prob. I needed to get out before I killed the kid with the lisp." He laughed and jumped up, kneeling in front of you with a whimsical grin.

    "A wose by any uther name is jutht as sthweet." You giggle and give him your hand, playing along.

    "Womeo oh Womeo, where fow out thou Womeo?" He pulled you up from the bench, taking your hands in his. He let go for only a moment to grab his phone from his pocket and press it into yours.

    "I kind of wanted to just send you a picture of a rose, cuz I'm cheap, but I don't have your number...." He trails off, a hopeful expression in his eyes.

    "Sure, and here's mine too." The exchanging of phones commences, and soon you're sitting in your car, heading home, staring at the blank messages screen. Is this truly possible? Did he really just enact Romeo and Juliet with you and the ask for your number?

Buzzzz goes your phone, and you look down. Right there, on your screen, is a picture of a rose, just from him. You smile at your screen, because that was the moment it began.