A Rose By Any Other Name

Another request!!!! Asked for by @Gomezislit so feel free to insert your own name and your crush's name.

You sighed, putting your face in your hands and leaning your elbows against the table at the outdoor cafe as C/N continued to talk in his handsome, deep voice about the latest girl that had asked him out.

"She was really tall and her---Y/N are you even listening to me?" Your head shot up and you gave him a bleary smile, trying and failing to imitate confidence. He raised his eyebrows and you dropped the feint, slumping backwards onto the couch and frowning.

"Yes I'm listening, I just don't see why I should care." You said with a roll of your eyes. He frowned even deeper than you, something rolling around in the back of his mind.

"A girl asked me out, that's why you should care."

"What do you expect from me?" You asked your good friend. He sighed, exasperated.

"Be jealous...." He whispered under his breath in a tone you were sure you weren't supposed to hear.

"Jealous?" You asked, and his face went white. Yup. You weren't supposed to hear. But you kept going, sitting up straighter and trying to look him in his hazel eyes. "Why do you want me to be jealous?"

"I don't..." He muttered unbelievingly, avoiding your eyes as you tried to search for the truth in his.

"But I heard you-"

"I just wanted you to admit that you liked me, alright?!" He stood up abruptly and began to walk away, still rambling. "I thought maybe you had a crush and were just afraid but I've been doing this for months and you still haven't done anyt-"

"I've liked you for years, C/N." You blurted out, grabbing his hand to stop him from leaving. You could feel people watching you but you didn't care, all you could care about was him in that moment. He blinked uncertainly at you before turning to face you, taking your other hand in his.

"Really?"

"Really."

"Well then." He got down on one knee, still holding your hands in his. "Will you do me the honor of going on a real date with me?"

Let's just say, people clapped a lot and he kissed you. A lot.

Comment and message me if you'd like a crush imagine of your own!!!! Have a great Fourth Of July (unless you're British, in which case weep for your loss)(just kidding I love you guys) and don't explode anything too drastic to your survival!!!!!!!! BYE!!!!!