Bus

You got on a bus on your college campus, taking an empty seat near the middle and sitting down. You were waiting for the bus to go across town, but weren't in much of a hurry.

BUZZ BUZZ

You pulled out your phone, reading a text from a guy in a bunch of your classes, C/N.

'Are you wearing a red jacket today?' You looked down and sure enough, red jacket.

'Yeah how'd you know??'

"I'm two seats behind you, Y/N." You spun around in your seat and found a smirking C/N was indeed sitting behind you on the near empty bus. You rolled your eyes at him and he laughed, patting the seat beside him. "Come here!" You took a half a second to think and then got up with a smile, plopping down next to him as he grinned at you.

"Long time no see, Y/N." He said with a wiggle of the eyebrows, causing you to chuckle lightly and shake your head, tucking some hair behind your ear.

    "It's been awhile. Has your major changed since I last saw you?" You two had had a running joke on who would switch majors the most. So far, he what switched twice, and you? Not at all. He shook his head proudly, grinning.

    "Nope! Also haven't changed my phone number so why haven't you been texting me random life facts in the middle of the night?" You blushed just a bit, scrunching your nose. You stopped texting him a ton right around the time you started liking him. A lot.

    "It just slipped my mind I guess." You lied sheepishly. He frowned, looking at you.

    "Well I know how to change it so you'll never forget again."

    "Oh?" He moved in his seat, getting closer to you (which made your face flush) and pulling out a crumpled up piece of notebook paper. Reaching into his pocket as he unfolded the paper, he yanked out a pen and began to scribble messily.

     "Ok so step one. Become awesome friends. Done!" He put a check mark after those words and began to write more. "Step two, exchange numbers, done and over with. Now this is step three and it's my favorite one."

    "What's step three?" You asked, curiosity bubbling inside you.

    "Well I ask you out of course! So, Y/N, what would you say about going on a date with me?"

    "Uh---yes?"

    "Sweet!" The bus stopped just as he put a check mark by the words and grabbed his backpack, getting up and waking away. "This is my stop, I was just planning on riding until you said yes!" He called back, waving a cheeky goodbye as he stepped off and the doors closed behind him.