Asking You Out

C/N didn't know how to ask you out. He'd concocted a plan by getting you and your friend to go out for a chill dinner with him and his friend, but that was the furthest he had gotten. As he sat across from you, your friend on his right and his friend on yours, he wrung his hands together, hiding them under the table, fumbling with his phone.

   He went to his messages, typing in the names of the two other friends at the table into a group chat.

   'I'm gonna ask Y/N out. Go to the bathroom'

    You four were all talking about how classes that day had been when their two phones buzzed, milliseconds apart. They checked their phone and, exchanging glances, looked over at you, who was beautifully oblivious to the plan.

    "I have to go to the bathroom." Said your friend.

    "Me too, let's go." Said his friend, getting up and sending a sly wink to your friend as they both left the nervous boy with you. After they left he cleared his throat awkwardly, giving you a look you'd seen before but couldn't decipher.

    "So....uh---" he began slowly, looking into your eyes and glancing away every few seconds, "-I----ok, well Y/N I really like you and-- I don't know how to do this."

    "Just do it." You rested your chin in your hand and your elbow on the table, realizing what was about to happen. As thoroughly enjoying his squirming. He blushed a bit and looked at you, eyes pleading.

    "You know what I'm gonna say."

    "You still have to say it or I'll never get to say yes."You warned happily. He took a deep breath and grabbed your free hand, leaning over the table as close as he could without getting up.

    "Y/N, will you please be my girlfriend?"

    "Yes!" You answered quickly, and the two of you exchanged high fives before he pulled out his phone and began to text. You gave him a quizzical look. "Who are you texting?" He finished the text and grinned at you.

    "I told our friends to go away so I could do this and if I didn't text them, they'd never come back."

    Your loud laugh was the best thing he had heard all night, and your smile stayed with him forever.