☾Bonus Chapter☽

Saffron

The world around me definitely blurs in and out of focus at times, slewing the line between fantasy and reality. The world seems bright and new, accepting, and inviting. The world seems perfect.

What makes it even more perfect is the man that had refused to leave my side from the moment he laid his eyes on me again.

He's just as I remember him, yet he's completely different. There are strange, black drawings up and down his arms, his eyes are hardened, and he's put on more muscle.

Despite the fact that I've been dead for the last three hundred years, Dmitri and I are focused on one thing at the moment: sex.

The blurry fog I've been in clears when Dmitri and I close ourselves in the solitude of our tent after seeing off each of the pack members to bed. Even after they all went to sleep, Dmitri and Titus got locked into a heated conversation. By now, it's about two o'clock in the morning.

I sit on my feet and watch as Dmitri's back tenses before he turns to face me. His eyes are a beautiful clash of bright red and light blue.

He slowly settles himself in front of me before pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. "You don't understand how much I missed you," he whispers hoarsely.

His arms tighten even more around me as if I just might turn to dust, but the next thing that happens shocks me because it's only happened so few times.

A single drop of something wet hits my shoulder, and it only takes me a second to know that Dmitri is crying.

I wrap my arms around him and squeeze because I'm also afraid he'll turn to dust. He doesn't show a lot of emotions in front of others. The most emotions come out of him when he's around his mother or me. Tears are something that I see as a privilege when it comes to him.

"It's okay," I whisper back as I get choked up, "I'm not going to leave you again, which is why I want you to turn me." I blow out a shaking breath.

Dmitri stills before pulling back and wiping away the single tear running down my face. I do the same with his few tears also.

"Do you really want that? Do you really want this?" He asks incredulously.

I nod my head before connecting my lips with Dmitri's for a short, passionate kiss. "Yes, I want this. I want you, our daughter, and our kingdom. I want to be by your side for as long as possible," I rush out excitedly.

Our eyes lock for a moment, and for that short time I see our future in Dmitri's vibrantly colored eyes. It's a beautiful future that I can't wait to live.

He doesn't say anything. All his emotions are in his eyes, and they tell me that he too is excited for the future.

"Make love to me," I plead softly as my pulse speeds up.

Suddenly, I'm hyper-aware of Dmitri's warmth protecting me from the frigid cold outside. In the tent, our breaths come out as white clouds. I push myself against him so as to steal some of his heat.

Dmitri keeps eye contact with me as he runs his hand up my short dress. The same fire that had been eating at me all night followed His hand, and when he touched my warmth, I arched my back immediately.

The strange cloth that covered my warmth was so much better than the multiple layers of clothing in the 1600s. Dmitri seemed content with the lack of clothing also.

I slowly lay back so that Dmitri's in between my legs. Now I have a perfect view of all his clenching muscles and his handsomeness.