☾Chapter Forty-Two☽

Vladimira's P.O.V

It's complete chaos when we cross the border to my father's land. The pack warriors are moving through the trees swiftly, making them appear to be streaks of color.

Glancing behind me, I release a sigh of relief when I see Aaron's fast asleep, snoring gently. "How do we go about this, Father?" I ask hurriedly.

My father's figure is relaxed, his blue eyes a calm ocean. "Give Aaron to somebody that will guard him, and then, if you're up to it, help me fight," He says coolly.

Adrenaline surges through my veins. "of course I'll help," I answer immediately.

He parks the car in front of the pack house and gets out. Before I can get Aaron out the car, three warriors are running up to us.

"It's our duty to protect you, Your Majesties," The one in the front, Claud, informs us.

I look down at Aaron and kiss his head gently. "My father and I don't need protecting, but the prince does. Get him to safety, and protect him with your life," I growl at them.

They give curt nods before Claud holds out his arms. I hesitate as I rethink the decision of going into combat with my father.

Claud sends me a soft smile. "I have a son of my own, Luna. I'll make sure your son is treated and protected perfectly," He promises me.

My father puts a hand on my shoulder. "You don't have to fight, Mira. Stay with your son," He orders me.

Drawing Aaron back to my chest, I turn around and smile at my father. "I'm sorry, but I need to protect Aaron. Will you be okay?" I ask with true concern.

He rolls his eyes. "I could kill them all by myself if I really wanted to. Go protect your son, Vladimira," He instructs me before shifting into his large, black wolf and running into the woods.

I turn to the three warriors and motion for them to follow me. "My father is capable of protecting the pack, so don't worry about him. All you need to do is focus on Aaron."

Claud gasps. "Luna, our job is to protect both of you. If we fail, the king will surely have our heads," He replies immediately.

Aaron shifts in my arms, his lips parting to let out another snore. "Well, I'm giving you new orders. My son is your top priority!" I hiss.

None of the men reply as we walk into the pack house. It's pretty scarce except for the pack caregivers taking care of the young children.

Even though we have nearly seven-hundred pack members, the number of kids barely reaches thirty. It because we limit the number of kids couples can have in most of the packs.

In total, there's only about 4,000 werewolves. We have to keep our numbers small because the human race keeps popping out offsprings.

As morbid as it sounds, humans are the problem. They are so selfish that instead of fixing their problems, we have to change our lifestyles.

Controlled reproduction is just one of the sacrifices we have to make, but I guess we're more advanced than the humans.

Instead of having percentages on how good birth control will work, we have magic injections—like shots—that will work one-hundred percent of the time.

'We used human contraceptive the night Aaron was conceived.' Greer sighs.

She's got a point.

I huff. 'We should have used the contraceptive that father literally made himself. We were stupid that night, Vladimira,' Greer continues.