☾Chapter Twenty☽

(Edited 12/29/15)

Vladimira's P.O.V

It was hard, I'll admit, leaving behind the man that raised me, loved me even though he might not have always showed it.

One hour into my destination-less drive, I had to stop in a random gas station to sob, to let out all my pent up emotions once again.

Ivory sat there with her head tilted to the side, watching me sob and caress my belly.

Without thinking, I pick up my phone and dial Titus's number, my sobs lowering slightly.

Titus picks up on the first ring. "Vladimira, are you okay? There's a rumor going around that you stepped down, and I have a feeling it's true because I feel... incomplete, like something's been broken," He yells into the phone.

I dry my tears but to no avail. "Yes, I left my father for the safety of myself and our pup," I explain.

Now that I'm a mother, I have to think of my child too. At that thought, I stop caressing my stomach.

"You left?" Titus questions, "where are you going? Maybe I could meet you there," He suggests hopefully.

Is telling Titus a good idea? I know that he won't tell my father of my location unless my father forces it out of him, plus, Titus wants to be apart of our child's life, pushing him away is doing the exact opposite of what needs to be done.

"I'm going to Galveston, Texas. If you're willing to drive there, then you're more than welcome to join me," I croak.

Honestly, I would love if Titus came to Galveston just for me, just for our child.

For a split second, the thought of having sex with Titus breaks through my frantic thoughts, having more than one effect on my body.

His lips, which occasionally would cover mine to block my moans, roaming my body, his hands caressing my belly where our child grows safely.

Greer shifts around uncomfortably. 'Just because I accepted this child doesn't mean I've accepted Titus f*cking us,' She reminds me.

No doubt that I want to feel Titus inside me, and seeing him in Galveston wouldn't just allow us to do that, but it would also allow him to bond with our child.

We might even discover more about our acquaintanceship. It worries me because I don't even know what Titus and I are considering ourselves.

"I'll leave now. I have a long way to drive from Fremont, Nebraska. Remember: there's probably a pack there and you'll probably have to make peace with them," Titus sighs before hanging up.

Deciding it's best to continue with my driving, I look down at my belly and rub it once again. "Mommy won't let anyone hurt you. You and I are starting a new life elsewhere for the moment, and I won't regret it," I laugh brokenly, my sobs breaking through the grating sound.

••

Pristine white pages of the journal pass my fingers as I skim through it, the intricately carved leather running over my fingers.

Closing the book, I look at the cover—a Celtic wolf tree symbol—and can't help but smile.

"You know, it's a good idea to write down all your thoughts with a condition like yours," A charmingly deep voice says from beside me. "What is the queen doing so far away from her castle?" The voice suddenly turns dark and mysterious.

I turn around to meet harsh, sapphire eyes, eyes that remind me of my father oddly, but what's uncanny is how the man's face looks like a replica of my father's, just older, colder... harsher.