☾Chapter Thirty-Three☽

Vladimira's P.O.V

"He's taking you to dinner?" Lilli asks as she searches through my suitcase and closet for a dress I can wear. "Is this where you guys talk it out and forgive one another...?" She trails off.

Shrugging, I brush the rest of the kinks out of my hair. "I don't know, Lilli. I can't just forgive him. I love him, just not enough to forgive him."

She pulls a maternity dress out of my closet that's blue with mesh fabric covering the shoulders. She then takes out shoes that have a small heel, something she's probably sure I can walk in. "Alright. Tell me about your little vacation." Lilli shakes her shoulders playfully which makes me laugh.

"It was actually really relaxing. It was so amazing to have the chore of being queen off of my shoulders, it really helped me regulate my stress so I wouldn't hurt the baby. Also, Titus was there," I whisper at the end, my cheeks flushing in a schoolgirl-like blush.

Lilli squeals. "You had sex didn't you? Was it good? How big is his d*ck? Wait... does he even know how to handle your body correctly?"

I shush Lilli so my father won't hear our conversation. "Yes, we had sex. It was the best sex in my life. His d*ck is flaunt worthy, and yes, he knew how to handle my body just right," I answer.

Emotions cloud her face quickly. "What about your mate though? What if you meet him after you give birth and he runs for the hills qbecause you have a baby?" She frets.

Worry stabs at my heart before I brush it off carelessly with a uncertain smile. "I've already gone through so much for the baby. Losing my mate will be the icing on the cake," I reply coldly.

Lilli immediately starts apologizing. "I'm sorry! I never should have said that. Your mate has a say in if he wants to take on that kind of responsibility, and we both know that Titus will make it hard for another man to take his spot as that baby's father. Your mate will have to deal with a lot of drama," She explains.

He will have to deal with a lot of drama. The fact that his mate is the Luna Queen, the fact that his father-in-law is the Alpha King, the fact that I have a child, the fact that my baby daddy plans to be fully active in my life, the fact that I'm not fully over my last love.

Jesus, I should just expect a rejection right on the spot.

Unless he's a gold digger and all he wants is my money, my power, my fame.

I hope not.

"Are you officially taking your title back?" Lilli questions.

The memory of Xavier telling me that my mother would have been much more experienced at my job stings my brain.

I release a harsh laugh. "Maybe, maybe not. Doesn't matter. According to my father, I'm inept to be a queen, and I've gotten too comfortable in the position my dead mother's supposed to be in."

My walls break involuntarily, and tears start streaming down my face. "Do you know how much all of those things he said stung? How much the pain of not only his hands and his words stung? A lot, Lilli. It makes me feel like I'm garbage in his eyes, a wasteful being just using air meaninglessly, and I'm about to release another mistake into this world."

The tears are full force now. Lilli is shocked for only a little bit before she wraps her warm arms around my body.

"You're not a mistake. Your child isn't a mistake. The kingdom loves you and would do anything to keep you safe. Plus, you know how bad Xavier's anger can be. It's like a bomb going off and everybody in a 50 miles radius better run because he's a force to be reckoned with. You are just fine the way you are," She coos like she's my mother as she wipes my tears from my face with a tissue she pulled from my vanity.